Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Fishing On The Vedder April 4, While Rodney Sleeps  (Read 3435 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Good Fishing On The Vedder April 4, While Rodney Sleeps
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »

Just got back from a morning trip to the Vedder and an enjoyable breakfast with the boys at Cookies.

Rodney was supposed to come this morning but we were pulling them in while he was snoozing. ;D ;D ;D

I was able to land 1 hatchery doe that I tubed as Steve wanted a couple of hatchery fish for the brood stock program on the Stave. I had a nice tussle with her before I popped her in the holding tube for Kelly to pick up with the Chilliwack River Hatchery tank truck.

The Cell  phone was busy between the hatchery, The Master, Steve and myself keeping track of how many fish we had tubed this morning and by 10 o'clock 6 had been caught and tubed to wrap up this years brood stock fish. Thanks to all that donated the steelhead to the program so we will have hatchery fish for the future on the Chilliwack Vedder River.

I saw 2 other fish landed in the area I was fishing, both bigger fish than mine and they were nice fresh run iron heads. Another angler reported to me he had retained a fish too. I lost track of how many Nick and Steve landed, lost or broke off. I believe we may get a report from one of them later. ;D ;D

I think I may go out later again today after a nap and when the rain stops as it is a bit miserable out right now, I hope I am not turning into a fair weather angler. ???

Bring your rod if you are coming to the river cleanup tomorrow. If today was any indication you should be able to find a fish or two before or after the cleanup. We can store your equipment at the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve for you while you are doing the cleanup.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Good Fishing On The Vedder April 4, While Rodney Sleeps
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:57:39 AM »

:'(

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »

"you snooze you loose" ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »

Chris were you in the canal..... don't worry Im not gonna go to where you are fishing, I just wanna know where they are gonna be tomorrow so I can tangle with a few  ;D ;D

Maybe Ill go out right now to Peach and work my way up.... thanks for the report, wish me Luck!

Dan

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »

Chris were you in the canal..... don't worry Im not gonna go to where you are fishing, I just wanna know where they are gonna be tomorrow so I can tangle with a few  ;D ;D

Maybe Ill go out right now to Peach and work my way up.... thanks for the report, wish me Luck!

Dan
I have not fished the Canal area this steelhead season. ;D ;D I think you will find fish throughout the system this time of year.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

Chris could I have indication where you were fishing, not specific spot just Mid/Upper/or Lower????

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »

Chris could I have indication where you were fishing, not specific spot just Mid/Upper/or Lower????

ED, judging by how well that you are doing, I don't think you need to worry about where Chris has been fishing. ;D

Got my second ribbing this evening, when all the photos came in the email inbox... :'( :'( :'(

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »

Lol I am just wondering where he was so I can do better.... if they caught that many fish, the fish were moving so if he was in lower I can expect the fish in my area by Sun/Mon. Good job Rod, once the first one comes they seem to come in bunches, if you catch one in a spot dont move, that is what has been working for me lately. If I hook one fish I normally hook 2 more for some reason all in same spot. As for how well Im doing its all because of everyone that has helped me out on the river and on this site, thanks guys  ;) (I also consider a lot of my sucess beginners luck, as Chris said, when you think you've mastered it you'll soon find out you havn't. I just find that this fishery is all about luck and timing)

coho_killer

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

Just got back from a morning trip to the Vedder and an enjoyable breakfast with the boys at Cookies.

Rodney was supposed to come this morning but we were pulling them in while he was snoozing. ;D ;D ;D

I was able to land 1 hatchery doe that I tubed as Steve wanted a couple of hatchery fish for the brood stock program on the Stave. I had a nice tussle with her before I popped her in the holding tube for Kelly to pick up with the Chilliwack River Hatchery tank truck.

The Cell  phone was busy between the hatchery, The Master, Steve and myself keeping track of how many fish we had tubed this morning and by 10 o'clock 6 had been caught and tubed to wrap up this years brood stock fish. Thanks to all that donated the steelhead to the program so we will have hatchery fish for the future on the Chilliwack Vedder River.

I saw 2 other fish landed in the area I was fishing, both bigger fish than mine and they were nice fresh run iron heads. Another angler reported to me he had retained a fish too. I lost track of how many Nick and Steve landed, lost or broke off. I believe we may get a report from one of them later. ;D ;D

I think I may go out later again today after a nap and when the rain stops as it is a bit miserable out right now, I hope I am not turning into a fair weather angler. ???

Bring your rod if you are coming to the river cleanup tomorrow. If today was any indication you should be able to find a fish or two before or after the cleanup. We can store your equipment at the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve for you while you are doing the cleanup.

how many fish are needed for the brood stock program  on the vedder/chilliwack?

CK
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:37:51 PM by coho_killer »
Wild fish don't do drugs!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »

All done for this year.

coho_killer

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

I just want to know how many fish are needed for the brood stocking program in a season?

CK

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 06:52:48 PM »

I just want to know how many fish are needed for the brood stocking program in a season?

CK

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=16877.0

coho_killer

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 01:14:46 PM »

Thank you very much Rod!

CK

greybark

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »

???  Hey Chris , Everyday asked you a question  . Obviously Everyday is young and enthusiastic is the very kind of fisher we want to encourge . I hope you took the time to send him a e-mail or PM ???????
    Keep er going Everyday !!!
    Cheers

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

Lol thanks grey bark, dont worry I found the fish, they should actually be in my area today  ;)  Hopefully I can get one when I get out after the Ottawa game (gonna watch em own the Pens). Should give me an hour to fish right at dark with the spoon, they seem to be a little eary of the spoon lately though so I might go with roe...
Wish me luck!