Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The First Lake Trip of The Year,The Journal For April 11, 2008  (Read 4363 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: The First Lake Trip of The Year,The Journal For April 11, 2008
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »

Sorry to get off topic, yes Chris we *had* 100 acres of property near sooke near the scouts camp but not too many grouse there either, mostly quail.  Maybe it's too wet down here in the winters. I have heard that wet winters affect grouse populations.

clownfish

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:36 PM »

On the topic of the horse power restrictions, I have seen a few boats at various locations where there are restrictions in place that had motors obviously well over the limit in the water but they were all being run on their kickers that were within the restriction. One of the locations was on Leighton in Tunkwa Prov. Park, last May, the boat had a 60/40 jet for the main and was only using a 10hp or less kicker. As long as you follow the restriction and ONLY use your <10hp rated motor, and assuming that you can launch the boat at whatever location, you would likely have trouble at some of the smaller lakes launching a 25 footer, it would appear that it is OK. I haven't seen anything that states otherwise.

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »

Chris, Is there anywhere we can view your Video footage? looks like you guys had a good time
Rob

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »

Chris, Is there anywhere we can view your Video footage? looks like you guys had a good time
Rob

Maybe one day when I am able to put iit on u tube.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »

Rob

Need to get a new computer to digitalize your analog flicks first. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »

Rob

Need to get a new computer to digitalize your analog flicks first. ;D
Thats not going to happen, you know that. ;D

rickjames_2

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »

wow...thanks so very much for the report...i have been considering heading out there for many weeks now and this has just pushed me over the edge..im gonna hit it tomorrow...just a quick question though...wolf lake is in the area there too and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth trying out as well??
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »

wow...thanks so very much for the report...i have been considering heading out there for many weeks now and this has just pushed me over the edge..im gonna hit it tomorrow...just a quick question though...wolf lake is in the area there too and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth trying out as well??
Be prepared for a little snow to deal with as the snow level is down on the Valley mountains today, and we had snow today on the Valley floor too.

If you go dress warmly and good fishing.