Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rice Lake, April 12th 2008  (Read 1126 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Rice Lake, April 12th 2008
« on: April 12, 2008, 11:26:22 PM »

After we wrapped up the launch of "Fishing in the City" at Rice Lake around 12:30pm, I managed to took advantage of Thursday and today's stockings by fishing until 5:00pm. The water was becoming rather turbid by the end of the day due to the warm weather. That did not stop the fish from biting. I was able to land around a dozen rainbow trout that ranged between 300 and 600 grams with a 1/8oz nickel orange striped spoon. Because clarity was rather poor, a slower retrieve with a few sudden twitches at times seemed to trigger the bite quite effectively. Anglers who were using bait such as dew worm, PowerBait and deli shrimp of course also did quite well. With the new "Fishing in the City" program, the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC will be putting in 1,000 rainbow trout with a weight range between 250g and 500g once every two weeks until the end of June. Be sure to get out and enjoy this urban fishing opportunity.

Good luck to those who are heading out.

kosanin kosher salt

Re: Rice Lake, April 12th 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »

yea i went to rice a a couple days ago and it sure is murky,but the new dock is a great place to flyfish now.