Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River April 13th, 2008  (Read 1981 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River April 13th, 2008
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »

Has every one given up.... there havn't been any reports latley. I went out today with some sucess, missed at least one and had one on for a good 2-3 mins. The person I went with today also hooked 1. All in all wasn't a bad day at all, water had nice colour and was up, and the rain was coming down. Hopefully this brings another push of fresh fish.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River April 13th, 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »

As I reported this morning on the Vedder River water conditions thread the river was up about 6 inches when I drove by it around 9 o'clock.

It looked so good I slipped out for a couple of hours before dark. It was in choice condition but the only time the Maple Leaf Drennan went down was when I hooked a small sunken limb. :o

Talked to Milo and I believe he and his fishing partner found nothing either but was a bit hard to hear him as I was out in the middle of the river, fishing a spot when they stopped on the dyke for a chat. ;D

The only fish I saw was lots of fry in the shallows. Condition should remain good for anyone wanting to try for a late run steelhead this week.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »

Yea I hooked a nice size one today, was coloured but put up a hell of a fight in the fast water. Was a good day with 2 fish hooked between me and Ryan. Tmorrow should be good, Im expecting a big push of fresh fish into the river between tongith and the next 3 days. I hope I'm right and this week should be very good  ;D ;D

steeleagle

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:52:40 AM »

So you've spoken to the fish gods then have you? ::)
Sure glad you're letting us know what there telling you though, or else we would be lost. ;)

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:28:54 AM »

I also spent Sunday on the Vedder.
The water looked great but no fish for me (on the fly). The gear guy I was with had two hookups on jigs (one could have been a dolly).
No one I talked to had seen anything.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »

I also spent Sunday on the Vedder.
The water looked great but no fish for me (on the fly). The gear guy I was with had two hookups on jigs (one could have been a dolly).
No one I talked to had seen anything.

I guess I did pretty good then.

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

I also saw tons of fry on the fraser in pitt meadows by the log booms while having fun with some friends and poochies
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

drh

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »

I've been only fishin saturdays for the last month or so,I should of known better than to go out in hot sunny weather but I still had to try.It was even too warm in the breathables.Talked to one guy who said he released one in the mid river run I was at,but nothing for me from the train bridge to the on way run.The week before I was into 5 landed 0  :'(,also seen a half a dozen fry washed up on the sand brushed them in the river and five of them swam away , amazing! I thought :)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:30:36 PM »

I didn't report last week but me and winter steel got out and had some on. I got one in the "Chris Gadsen" run, but I lost it.
Then upstream a bit I hooked and landed a hatchery doe that was really into its spawning colours, I released it. W.S lost one and landed one also.  W.S's fish was espesially fun because we saw some fish in this pool but they just would not bite. After going lower and lower with our leader size and changing baits WS finally fooled one into biting with a dew worm, a nice 10lb fish that was released.
Fish on!