Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Chilliwack Vedder Update  (Read 28270 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Re: New Chilliwack Vedder Update
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »

River conditions as of July 10th 2008- courtesy of Danny P.

Looks almost ready for my centerpin to scream!!!

Anyone with more pictures from the Vedder?

goodoldays

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »

Is that Lickman area?

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2008, 10:20:44 PM »

Around that area.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »

I drove by the river to have a look today, and there are a few changes... Some of my productive steely water is gone, but other new and better runs have replaced them...

The vis was near zero down below, saw a couple people fishing smolts, but nothing really happening. I didn't bother driving up top, as today was family / truck service day, so no time to spend on the river...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

goodoldays

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2008, 02:20:33 AM »

Question, if there is near zero visibility in the water, will fish still be able to see your presentation, or if you're using roe or scented bait, can and will they smell and react to it? Or is our best bet is to wait until it clears atleast a foot of visibility or try different water?
Thanks for your help

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »

Visis was well over a foot last night when I came home at Peach. LOTS of socks jumping, not much else. Heading out pretty quick here.
Good luck and Tight lines  8)
Dan

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »

I was rafting the river yesturday and went through the upper and the visiblity was a couple feet maybe more but the river was packed in that area. Saw one fish on the ride down, most likly a jack as it wasn't very big
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »

Did a tour of the Chilliwack River Valley this evening and had planned to give the chinooks a try, I even had fresh bugs. However I spent too much time picking up garbage and bottles  ???and ran out of time. Stopped at the Limits Hole as darkness was closing in and saw a girl land a sockeye that had not bitten,  ::)it danced on the rocks before it was released after I told them that it could not be retained, they seemed to know that. :-\

They were both pretty excited as it was her first salmon ever. Her fishing partner had to hand line the sockeye in as the spinning reel had seized up on her.

Visibility was great there but I though it was then a little over a foot at Tamihi. I ran into kingpin at McDonald's at dark and he said it was better down lower as I guess some of the clay settles out when it reaches down that way.
I may try in the morning. :-\

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2008, 06:45:30 AM »

clay won't settle out in the vedder or fraser, it is a fine enough particle size that in labs, it has been predicted that under the right circumstance, it may take thousands of years to settle clay out of water.  It's too bad that someone won't try to cap these clay banks. 

yamadirt 426

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »

clay won't settle out in the vedder or fraser, it is a fine enough particle size that in labs, it has been predicted that under the right circumstance, it may take thousands of years to settle clay out of water.  It's too bad that someone won't try to cap these clay banks. 

won't that make it too easy to fish?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »

Its never too easy to fish  ;)  Even when you think you have it mastered, it'll come back to bite you  ;D

James

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »

maybe its a good thing that the clay reduces visability , it acts as a kind of natural conservation of fish . ie: bad visability=less fishing pressure .  :-\

James

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »

oh ... did not know that ...  :-[ . learn something new everyday i guess .

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2008, 06:55:31 PM »

Fished hard most of the day yesterday. Fished two known spring runs mid-river then headed down for lunch. After lunch walked a section from Peach down with a few casts in between. Then dropped into Browne for a last run of the day. Vis throughout the river was about a foot. Didn't see any springs or sockeye landed, hooked, or jump even.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

how are conditions looking?