Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Browns Bay Report, August 23rd & 24th 2008  (Read 1125 times)

gman

Browns Bay Report, August 23rd & 24th 2008
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »

Just got back form Browns bay North of Campbell River. Spent some time with the family relaxing and fishing. People were complaining about the fishing being a bit slow. We did not fish too hard, and averaged 1-2 springs a day, along with the odd pink and coho. We fished anchovies at 120-130 feet most of the time, sometime near Browns Bay, other times while exploring up North. Did some sightseeng, and some relaxing on shore too.

Where we stayed:

Lots of cruse ships go by:

Boat outing with the kids south through Seymour narrows to April point resort for lunch:

We also fished up in Nodales channel. Very scenic. Lots of wildlife and a couple of fish farms up there:

Springs were mostly in the teens, with a couple up over 20 pounds. Here's some fish pictures:

Double header:

Also went on a sightseeing trip with my wife and kids that ended up doing some fishing. Of course we hooked a big spring and I choose to stay in my seat and see what they could do about it! The girls scrambled to hook, play and try to net that fish, but unfortunately it was not landed. Seemed to raise the interest level in fishing a bit though!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:41:12 AM by Rodney »

yakideath12

Re: Browns Bay Report
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:57:06 PM »

nice pics 8)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Browns Bay Report, August 23rd & 24th 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »

Great trip Gman, thanks for posting. Its always enjoyable to hear about somebodies outing that was successful and includes pics as well. Thanks Again and happy to see you had a wonderful time. :)