Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 9th 2008  (Read 4253 times)

c-pin

Chilliwack River, September 9th 2008
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

Big Slide at the clay banks. At about 08:00 am, had about 1 inch visibility in the Lower - looked like pea soup.

Went above the slide to fish. Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea. A few fish seen, but I did not bring any to the bank today.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Sinaran

Re: Chilliwack River, September 9th 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »

was there too today.  The water clarity as u mentioned was poor, all the way up to Allison Pool.  It was frustrating for someone like me who had to drive all the way from Vancouver and found the water at my favourite spots to be in "milk shake" condition.   :'(
Went up to Ranger run and fished roe for an hour, a guy above from me caught a slightly coloured jack, and that was about it.   
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Sinaran

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »

oh yeah, by the way, the first pic was taken above from Hwy 1 bridge, my first stop.
second one was taken at Peach Rd
third one at Allison pool
and last one at Ranger Run.  perfect condition there, crystal clear water and not much fishermen.. and fish.

and this last one was taken at the hatchery today.  very few spawning red springs left and no fresh fish to be seen.  Fishing during transition period is tough i guess.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

c-pin

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »

Hey Sinaran - Were you in Freds Tackle today?

I have to agree about the travel time ... I live in Steveston, and my fishing buddy lives in North Vancouver. Although I was sick and tired of people saying, "Gee. You should have been here yesterday". One of these days, I'm going to reply, "But I wasn't. So let me get on with my fishing .... TODAY". ;)

I threw everything I had at them; Roe, Roe & Wool, Wool, Jensen Egg & Wool, Colorado .... then I switched to a spoon. I should have tried the kitchen sink  :D

A good day though. I did see a mid teen white spring taken from the upper river. Nice and chrome.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »

Where you've been hiding?  Too busy with the kid, eh?  Glad to see you get out though, even if you didn't get any today.  And, I'm guessing E.M. didn't get any too....  Call me one of these days.  Got some good stogies for the river.... ;)
President Club S. C. & P.

Sinaran

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:49:08 PM »

Hey Sinaran - Were you in Freds Tackle today?

I have to agree about the travel time ... I live in Steveston, and my fishing buddy lives in North Vancouver. Although I was sick and tired of people saying, "Gee. You should have been here yesterday". One of these days, I'm going to reply, "But I wasn't. So let me get on with my fishing .... TODAY". ;)

I threw everything I had at them; Roe, Roe & Wool, Wool, Jensen Egg & Wool, Colorado .... then I switched to a spoon. I should have tried the kitchen sink  :D

A good day though. I did see a mid teen white spring taken from the upper river. Nice and chrome.
No c-pin, i wasn't at Fred's today but Reaction F.T.. Me too really hate it when people keep saying " you should've been here today instead...blah blah.."  I would tell them i enjoy any day i am out at the water regardless of the fishing!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:05:16 PM »

Me too really hate it when people keep saying " you should've been here today instead...blah blah.."

But you were there today.... ;D

Anyway, you shouldn't have been there yesterday, because the fishing sucked just as much when I was there. ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »

Next time you go out Rod let me know.  I'll skip that 'bad' day.   ;D ;D ;D

Sinaran

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

Next time you go out Rod let me know.  I'll skip that 'bad' day.   ;D ;D ;D
i would let u know too when to skip my "bad day".
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

How long does it usually take to clear up after a slide like that? want to come down maybe thursday.... :-\
always a student

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

Big Slide at the clay banks. At about 08:00 am, had about 1 inch visibility in the Lower - looked like pea soup.
i was at the lower river before 6am and it was like pea soup then
so i am thinking it started early hrs of the morning or during the night
I went up past alison later on in the morning and it was pea soup there too
I am not sure where the color was comming from but it was must have started way up top

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

It means more exploring on other river systems for you people on the mainland. Try the mouths of tributaries of the Fraser as fish like to take a break in the clear water. Look at the regs for Region 2 and see which tributaries allow you to retain fish and go and explore them. This could give you an opportunity to discover some new fishing locations for yourself.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family