Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lafarge Lake, November 7th 2008  (Read 3235 times)

fishstick

Lafarge Lake, November 7th 2008
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

I went up to lafarge lake yesterday with my pontoon boat.  Horrible weather - but i still had to check out the lake after being stocked with 250 brood stock rainbows...
trolled a green leech, hooked up 12 inch fish in first 5 minutes, and saw many large rainbows rising. fished the rest of the day with only 5 hits and no fish landed.
any clues on why it was so slow??? even after stocking?
 ???

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Lafarge Lake, November 7th 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:09:38 PM »

thats fishing for yeah.
The Bigger The Better!

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

I went up to lafarge lake yesterday with my pontoon boat.  Horrible weather - but i still had to check out the lake after being stocked with 250 brood stock rainbows...
trolled a green leech, hooked up 12 inch fish in first 5 minutes, and saw many large rainbows rising. fished the rest of the day with only 5 hits and no fish landed.
any clues on why it was so slow??? even after stocking?
 ???

Sorry to hear about your luck,250 rainbows even in a lake this size isn't allot of fish and makes it a little harder to figure out were they are hanging out ,IE depth or what part of the lake,also these fish have just been stocked and haven't really settled in yet ,i find after a couple of days after stockings the fishing usually will improve,try fishing different depths and flys and the way your fly is presented until you figure them out,good luck.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »

250 fish in that lake and no takers of the 2 + lb mark taken yet. Better off heading to the mall for some fast food. I would say that it takes a few days for the fish to get their bearings and then hone in on something there used to eating. I suggest still fishing with something that looks like pellet food and thowing a handful of pea gravel at your offering.  Might be wrong but hey thats why they call it chuming... I mean fishing ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »

Hi all, I've moved the discussion on flyfishing techniques to:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19244.0