Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be attending the annual Boxing Day Steelhead derby?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: 2008 Boxing Day Vedder River Steelhead Derby  (Read 50680 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: 2008 Boxing Day Vedder River Steelhead Derby
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »

To the game club   :o  Maybe Ill hitch hike  ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »

i've walked to the capilano from my house which is in kitsilano, and its a bellow average river. Take the bus, ask for a ride!? The more snow the better, the colder it is, the more people stay in  ;D
Fish killer 101

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »

But you still have to catch a steelhead to be in the running for the prizes ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »

Just curious.... Is this a go even with the snow thats still coming down? Has It ever been delayed due to heavy snow? Its coming down really good right now.  :o will we not hear till derby day?
The Bigger The Better!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

CHILLIWACK FISH & GAME PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION
65th ANNUAL BOXING DAY VEDDER RIVER STEELHEAD DERBY

RULES
1.Entry Fees:
a. Chilliwack Fish & Game Club Members, Juniors (17 and under), Seniors over 65 ………….$15.00
b. Non-members ……………………………………………….$25.00
2.Registration ends at 10:00 am on the Derby Day at the Chilliwack Fish & Game clubhouse. No ticket sales on Derby Day other that at the Fish & Game clubhouse.
3.All participating anglers must have their ticket punched at one of the designated punch stations on the morning of the Derby, before proceeding to fish. ONLY ONE TICKET MAY BE PURCHASED PER ANGLER and those who weigh in a fish must present both their punched ticket and their valid and legally filled out fishing license to validate their fish’s place in the contest.
4.PUNCH STATIONS WILL BE LOCATED AT:
a. LICKMAN ROAD 6:30 am to 8:30 am
b. TAMAHI BRIDGE 6:30 am to 8:30 am
c. THE CLUBHOUSE 6:30 am to 10:00 am
5.For the purpose of this contest, fishing will be on the Chilliwack / Vedder River from the confluence of Slesse Creek and downstream to the Hwy. 1 Bridge.
6.Fish must only be caught in the Chilliwack / Vedder River on December 26, 2008, during the contest.
7.All fish must be legally caught and all contestants must display good sportsmanship at all times. The Chairman reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for poor sportsmanship.
8.All fish must be caught and landed by the contestant alone. No snagged fish.
9.A fish shall be a clipped, HATCHERY steelhead of 5 lbs or over and must be 50 cm in length or over. There is a ONE FISH LIMIT.
10.When a contestant catches a fish, he or she must proceed to the weigh scale at the Fish & Game clubhouse and weigh in the fish. In the case of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be considered the winner.
11.Fish weighed in do not become property of the Fish & Game Club; however, they may be donated for the annual Fish & Game Dinner.
12.In the case of a dispute, the Chairman’s ruling will be final. Any protest must be in the hand of the Chairman, in writing, by 2:15 pm Derby Day.
13.All trophies and prizes will be awarded at the clubhouse at the close of the Derby. Not more that one prize will be awarded to any one contestant.
14.If cancellation of the Derby is necessary, it will be announce from the clubhouse at 9:00 am on the Derby Day, by the Chairman.
15.IN THE EVENT THAT THE DERBY IS CANCELLED, it will be held the following Sunday. The same format will apply; any exception will be announced at the clubhouse upon Derby cancellation.

awurban@msn.com

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

have fun in the snow tomorrow guys
\

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »

Just curious.... Is this a go even with the snow thats still coming down? Has It ever been delayed due to heavy snow? Its coming down really good right now.  :o will we not hear till derby day?

In the past they have been really good about getting on this site either the night before or really early in the morning to announce that it is cancelled for that day.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

As it is milding up I would think it would be a go as it has in past derbies with a lot worse conditions but it all depends on the derby chairman's call.

One year it was so bad no fish were caught on derby day so they they ran it again, in the same year.

nosey

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »

I was out yesterday and the water conditions were good, finding a place to park could be a big  problem, the parking lot at Tamihi wasn't plowed if your're thinking of punching your ticket there and there seemed to be very few areas you'd be able to get a 2 wheel drive off the road to park and go fish.  I don't know how parking and access will work out downriver with all the snow around but good luck anyhow.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »

When I talked to Wade a couple weeks ago I asked if he was going 3 straight and he says hes gonna try his best. Im willing too bet $$$$ hes gonna take it again lol

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

im sure he has it tied up in a back channel already  :D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »

No hes been using the same fish for the last couple of derbys.... Hes thawing it back out as we speak.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »

I was talking to his friend yesterday and is was told he was not attending  ???  Hopefully we see him out there, I wann see some fishies weighed in tomorrow  ;)

waterboy

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2008, 10:07:56 PM »

Can't make it this year, hope the fishing is good!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2008, 10:23:44 PM »

Yesterday he said he was for sure gonna be there. Good luck Wade ;)

See you all tomorrow, good luck