Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 168996 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:36 PM »

Was perfect today and was Spring like out today. A few fish taken too. ;D by some.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

Water conditions clear today, not a lot of anglers out in the Lower at first light except the Canal was well populated.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2009, 06:12:16 PM »

Water was good vis, 4-5 feet in upper. I would assume the lower was better as clay settles on the way down.
Didn't look like it came up at all, and vis was same as every other day lately.

Fish were active today though, had one attack my float  :o

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »

Rain did not start until around 3:30 pm. It has been showers more than anything.
Not steady rain by any means. It has however been very warm.

River has remained pretty much the same height.
Had a little bit of colour today, probably 3-4 feet of visibility with a green colour to it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

Raining hard now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »

Rain has now stopped but strong winds. River could be in poor shape in the AM. :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »

havent looked at it but 4'' up by the graph. could be dirty.
And snowing heavily now.

Fishmaster J

« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »

Was out today from about 10- 4:00.  Started out in canal, then worked some runs in the mid.  White out conditions at times, blowing snow sideways 40-80km for much of my day.  Water was slightly less clear as it has been recently (3 feet plus), and appeared to have risen only about 1"-2" since Monday.  Saw about 5 anglers all day, no fish for any of us, my boots are still 20lbs. solid clumps of ice,  I bought some new wool gloves, and saw 4 or 5 vehicles flipped and a few more in the ditch on my way home...

tight lines

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »

Weather was epic today, definitely a day for the diehards, I felt like I was out snowboarding. I also just happened to have an unbelievable day on the river. I will  post pics and a report tonight or tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2009, 08:51:25 PM »

A blizzard continues in the Valley tonight.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »

Wind died down this afternoon and warmed up to a little above 0 so I headed out for three hours of fishing. Conditions were fine but I could not locate a fish.

This was surprising as there was only one set of footsteps through the runs I fished. Very few anglers around and heard of a couple of wilds taken when I talked to two different anglers.

Was a beautiful afternoon to be back on the flow after a cold had kept me home for the good part of a week.

Water seemed to color up some as I was leaving but the cool weather overnight should fix that.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »

Water was very good when I slipped out for an hour to relax some from the gravel issues we dealt with today. All I got was a snag on the last cast of the outing, broke off and went home disgusted. :-\

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »

Water was very good when I slipped out for an hour to relax some from the gravel issues we dealt with today. All I got was a snag on the last cast of the outing, broke off and went home disgusted. :-\

Hey I got one of those for the first time this year too  ::)  Funny thing is.... after I missed the first float down (same spot) I went through again and snagged.... broke off, went through again for another 10 min (something didnt seem right) and even set deeper and never touched it again. Found that pretty wierd....

Anyways, heard of 1 hooked.
Saw a big one roll.
Water is a solid 3 feet of vis at the crossing with a nice milky green colour to it.

Goos luck on the weekend  ;)

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »

talked to the brood stock guy up at the slab today. Fishing is slow up there but they need one more doe and I think 18 or 19 males. I fished from first light to about 12, covered lots of water with no takes.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

Color nice today but a bit windy so left it to the weekenders.