Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 168965 times)

younggun

• Old Timer

water looked good this morning but when we left at 1:40 it had turned grey due to the constant rain and snow.
Fish killer 101

Every Day

• Old Timer

Water was 5+ vis up high (above Allison) and was increasing when we left at 7 ish.
There must have been a small slide at Ranger because water was around 2 feet when we got there at 4.

Vis is 5+ above Allison Pools.
Around 2 Feet at Tamahi (quite green/grey)
A little better at the crossing.

It has pretty much stopped raining/snowing here in Chilliwack but 20-30 cm of wet snow, 10 mm of rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

fishgod

Close to crystal up top, mid-river approx. 1 foot of vis 11:30 today
Always pray to the fishgods everyday.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris, Every Day and other locals, given your experience and the weather forecast, what do you think we can expect for Saturday re river conditions?
I just got back from a look at the conditions at Lickman Road. I thought they were close to 2 feet but someone told me that it was getting a bit worse from earlier in the day. However it was good enough for a fellow I know to land one as he was packing a nice 10 to 12 pound hatchery doe up the bank while I was there.

Said it was his first hatchery of the season so he was very pleased with his catch as he should be.

Talking to some other locals and fishing had been fairly good this week. I noticed very little presssure in the areas I checked this morning.

Milo, no rain at the this time and no more rain forcast so should be worth a trip. I will be hitting the badminton court in a tournament this weekend so I will leave them for you. ;D ;D

Every Day

• Old Timer

Made it out for my 4th trip of March today......
Can't believe it's only that many, been so pre-occupied with working/homework and Cutty fishing on weekends 

So far in March I am 2-4 trips out. Hooked 2 fish in last 3 outings...
Didn't see anything at all today, and we hit ALOT of water that has produced lately, pretty much fished throughout whole river.

Water is prime right now.....

3 Feet vis in canal at around 3 o'clock (from what I could see at highway bridge).
2-3 Feet of vis just above crossing at around 4 pm
1-2 feet of vis at Tamahi at around 5 pm....
6+ Above Allison at dark.
The whole river has a milky green colour, some areas are obviously worse than others 
Right now in Chilliwack it is cloudy and warm, forescast for tomorrow is sunny and warm again.
Go out and have fun, tight lines  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions fishable this morning.

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!

river was blown out today in the afternoon, both the upper and lower had 1 foot of visability maybe even worse in some locations

hue-nut

• Old Timer

yup, vis was about a foot for me this afternoon in the lower, saw some fish rolling but no action

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Tons of guys out this afternoon, didnt see much action. Water a little better then yesterday, maybe 2 feet max.
The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Perfect vis. 2 feet when I arrived and going onto 4 feet when I left at around 7  ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer

Good to hear. I may be heading out that way tomorrow.

fish tracker

Finally after three years of going after these things I hooked into one today!I was down at peach road and had the fight of a life time with a 16 pound hatchery steelhead.I thought it was good as gone once I seen how big it was thinking my 8 pound leader wasn't going to holed up, then after the two times it made a run for the log jam a few feet above meI figured it was fate that I was going to loose it But  finally after what felt like forever he tired out and let me pull him on shore (with a little help from my father).It was an exilaratingexpereince all the better to have been able to share it with my father , a vetren steelheader who had to remined me his largest was 18 pounds.  I always said I would give up steelhead fishing after I caught one and got the picture,but the water conditions are looking good and the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend sooo..

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Congrats Fishtracker for your 1st steelhead - a beast of a steelie, and the memorable fight with a light leader. You are a bit lucky to land it but Peach area should be ok. I have hooked a 20+ in rapids on 12 lb leader and it was a miracle to ever land a beast. Quit after fighting your 1st beastly steelie? You must be kidding... ;D  Anyways, great job and congrats. Welcome to the die-hard steelheader world.  :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions were good when I looked a few minutes ago. Checked at the Lickman area.

conditions good up top with 3-4 feet of vis, lower down a little worse with onle about 2 feet of vis
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247