Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heads up...  (Read 4238 times)

Sinaran

Heads up...
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »

well guys, this is not really fishing related but i somehow should mention it...

car was broken into last night(found out this morning), it was parked on the street, as i usually did.  Passenger's window was smashed with a big rock and where the rock landed on the driver's door panel, was cracked too.  Stolen goods included my new costly polarized glasses, $3 worth of change, car's registration(what they want this for??), FACTORY FLOOR MATS, my first ever baitcaster reel (3 years old Abu 6000C4 that i kept under the seat)  :'( , and u guess what..this is sickening..  they also took my crutch(kept one in the car and one at home) and the temporary disability sign that i hung on my rear view mirror (had my ACL reconstruction surgery done a month ago)!!!  but knowing some people actually broke into the food bank and donation toy house, i wasn't surprised that they took the tools i needed to move around....     The other Van parked in front of my car was also broken into, but no broken glasses. 

Guys, i am not whining here but this seems like the time of the year where craps like this happen most often.  Keep an eye on your car be it at home or at the river.  Or else you will kiss goodbye your $300 deductible.. like me now.  (There goes my new CP reel $)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Heads up...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

That totally sucks. >:( Never ever keep anything of value in plain sight in your vehicle.

YY

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

Not to scare you, but with your car registration papers the thief probably knows your address. I hope you crossed out the address on the papers. Be careful.

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:24 PM »

Not to scare you, but with your car registration papers the thief probably knows your address. I hope you crossed out the address on the papers. Be careful.
u've freaked me out now buddy, there will be sleepless nights ahead.....  :o :o
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

jeff

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »

I had my car regestration stolen once too and it was the sheet with my bank info (which your not supposed to keep in your car) and i had to get a whole new bank account.
Enjoying the water..........

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:28:17 AM »

Yup it is the season. My brother had his house broken into while visiting our nephew in childrens hospital. They got pretty much all his fishing gear, jewlery and alot of electronics. This happened in the middle of the day and then 2 days later they hit 2 houses down. They even stole some cloths, but at least the cloths will be easy to recognize, and when they are spotted with it well lets just say  :-X :-X . Best not to say anything  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »

Yea insurance papers are a bad thing.
My uncle Mark had his truck stolen when he did a park and ride to a teachers conference in Abby.
During that time a vehicle also pulled up to their house and watched for a while, good thing my aunt was home.

Have also heard of people being out fishing and having thier cars stolen.
They come back to find their car is gone and then find out their house has been robbed also.
I know a lot of people that now carry their insurance papers with them while fishing  :o

norm_2

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 04:15:23 PM »

Do you have to have the original insurance papers in the car when you are driving or will a copy do?  Thanks.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

Sorry bud, same happened to me last year, had my new rod/reel real stolen after 2 months. What can one do if you catch someone in the act, other then phoning in a description?
The Bigger The Better!

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »

Do you have to have the original insurance papers in the car when you are driving or will a copy do?  Thanks.

You can have a copy in your car. It is advised that you make a copy of the insurance papers, black out your address on the paper and then copy it again so they can't read through the blacked out part.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »

Potential identity theft. The registration papers has your name, address, city, postal code and date of birth.

Sinaran

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »

Sorry bud, same happened to me last year, had my new rod/reel real stolen after 2 months. What can one do if you catch someone in the act, other then phoning in a description?
i was thinking about the same thing too.  I guess some people would rather settle it their own ways eh...? ::)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

can't you rent a space in your apartment ? like for 40 a month or so
hardware == fish

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »

Sinaran

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 09:52:15 AM »

can't you rent a space in your apartment ? like for 40 a month or so
i would've done it if it's available...
how's your vacation so far anyways?
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!