Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, February 14th 2009  (Read 1602 times)

devon42

Chilliwack River, February 14th 2009
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »

started the day off lower river but to my suprise when i got there there were already a few anglers there that already fished it but it didn't stop me, i fished for a bit then headed back to the car to get some breakfast. decided to go check out some more of the river so i headed up river and decided on going to a really nice spot i fished before hopping there would be a fish this time. when i arrived there was already an angler working that run so i go down a bit to a different pool hoping for a fish. a few cast later the float dips and i nail it, FISH ON!, I'm fighting the fish now and yelling at my dad who's up river from me to get over here. I'm in a sticky situation since I'm right next to a 7 foot bolder and 5 feet of water so i cant make it down river if this fish starts to bolt down so.. i tighten the drag and try to muscle it in i see a nice silvery body with some pink in it pop out of the water a couple of times and a big fat tale. this is a big fish.... a couple minuets later the line flies back at my face and the fight is over.........i see that my size 2 hook has been bent straight!! now I'm sure it was a big fish. thats 2 hookups for me now and 2 losses :( hopefully soon i can land one

devon42

Re: Chilliwack River, February 14th 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »

i had 10 pound leader and 15 pound main not sure wat kind of hook but they werent cheap and there size 2 soo i dunno wat went on there

jeff

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »

It must have been a big fish, because the only time I have had hooks break or straighten out are on big springs, too bad you lost it.
Enjoying the water..........

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »

Four outing so far this year, four skunkings.
Not a sniff, not once did my float dip.

I am losing my mojo. :(

Glad to hear some people are connecting with fish.