Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coquitlam River, February 20th 2009  (Read 2217 times)

mykisscrazy

Coquitlam River, February 20th 2009
« on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »

Such a beautiful day today! After work had a couple of hours and I was in the Coquitlam area. Used to fish this urban stream faithfully 10 to 15 years ago when I lived quite close to it. Feb used to be the Month to fish it for Steelhead and Bull trout lower down. Parked by the red bridge and worked my way downstream. Unfortunately I did not catch anything....but it was a great day to walk around and cast the 8 wt. and not see a soul!
One thing, was told where I parked is not that safe...go figure ,but there are homeless people living underneath the bridge.
I will return in March!

Derp

• Tight lines!
Re: Coquitlam River, February 20th 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

I thought you said you did not see a soul, what about those homeless? they dont have souls thats just mean maaan!
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »

When a fisherman say he does not see a soul, he usually means no other fishermen. At least that is what I mean when I say that. There could be kayakers blowing by, or you fish in area with houses behind and people partying but if no other rod in the river, I still say not a soul....  ;D

redside1

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »

odds are the homeless have had their souls destroyed by the personal demons that got them to the place in life where they are now living under the bridge, he most likely saw no other souls because of this.

SmokeyRiver

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »

Those hobos seem harmless ive never had a problem.....on that note it isnt really a creek you wanna be reporting on.....

yamadirt 426

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »

Those hobos seem harmless ive never had a problem.....on that note it isnt really a creek you wanna be reporting on.....

Here we go again.   ::)   Thanks for the report ;)

coho_killer

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »

Why not report on it? i swear i hear this so much latley it'sickening! Is it iagainst the law to report on a stream that is open to fishing? I rather like reading on streams like this keep em comming! ;D
                                                                                                CK
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:43:58 AM by coho_killer »
Wild fish don't do drugs!

SmokeyRiver

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »

Selfish For sure Selfish.....just saying reports cause increased angling pressure which causes added stress on already diminished stocks just my opinion on the whole issue I'm entitled to my opinion...with that said I cant argue its no differnt then reporting on the vedder...I wasn't looking for a bickering match on report vs no report so i wont say another word.