Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake?  (Read 2026 times)

Eagleye

• Old Timer
Kawkawa Lake?
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »

Does anyone know if the fishing is good at Kawkawa lake or is it better earlier in the season.  I was also wondering what the area is like and if one can camp in seclusion and near the lake so I can keep an eye on my boat and keep it in the water and out of view (inflatable without a trailer).  Any help or suggestions of other med to large size lakes would be greatly appreciated.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Kawkawa Lake?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »

I would go and fish Alouette lake. You can go and find a spot right on the shore to camp.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

colin6101

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »

There's really nowhere to camp in seclusion on kawkawa lake, most of the shoreline is privately owned. The fishing can be good now, but it is usually better at the beginning of the season. I agree with fly_guy, a different lake such as alouette would give you a better camping experience.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

Thanks for the advice and info.  I'm going with Alouette because it seems the most convienent. Any suggested lures or hot spots?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:57:40 PM by Eagleye »