Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kanaka Creek, July 1st, 2009  (Read 1167 times)

Preliator

Kanaka Creek, July 1st, 2009
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »

A little late with the report, but I still thought I'd share it.

The Creek opened up for fishing on the 1st. Me and a couple of buddies headed down to Cliff Park Falls and worked our way down a fair ways. Me throwing spinners, them on the fly. We didn't get anything bigger than a couple of inches, nor did we see any that were any bigger than that either. One cutty and a few rainbows. The water is really low right now. Also, we were the only anglers out there - it was a very nice place to fish.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Kanaka Creek, July 1st, 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:16:34 AM »

A little late with the report, but I still thought I'd share it.

The Creek opened up for fishing on the 1st. Me and a couple of buddies headed down to Cliff Park Falls and worked our way down a fair ways. Me throwing spinners, them on the fly. We didn't get anything bigger than a couple of inches, nor did we see any that were any bigger than that either. One cutty and a few rainbows. The water is really low right now. Also, we were the only anglers out there - it was a very nice place to fish.

No anglers there because that area is closed to fishing and never open.

From the Regs

" Closed all year from Cliff Park Falls to 112th Ave "

Read your regs..........

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Preliator

Re: Kanaka Creek, July 1st, 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »

My buddy did the reading and the driving so my guess is that I am mistaken, and we were under 112th then. I know for a fact that he wouldn't have picked the exact place closed for fishing. My apologies!

Edit: As we walked down we spoke to a local whose property lined the creek, he has fished it for years and I'm sure if we were in the wrong section he would have pointed that out to us!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:15:58 PM by Preliator »