Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any plumbers out there?? Carpet Installers?  (Read 2025 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Any plumbers out there?? Carpet Installers?
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:36:47 AM »

I'm in the process of renovating our bathrooms/floors and I have a toilet that doesn't sit level on the floor.  I had a problem with it once before a while back because I couldn't remove it from the floor and if memory serves somehow when an aquaintance came to fix it the mounting apperatus was damaged??

I would like to get it fixed so it will look proper when I lay the new tile.  Another gliche is that a few weeks (due to bad timing) a toothbrush was dropped into the toilet during a flush so it's caught up somewhere. I'm hoping it's caught up in the toilet and not in the draining mechanism in the floor.  Wouldn't know what to do about that.

I NEED HELP!!! 

I also need someone to put carpet on our stairs (no curves, all straight stairs). I had thought about putting laminate on them but thought it easier just to go to the End of the Roll and get some new carpet since it's already set up for carpet.

All this renovating is cutting into my fishing time so let me know.  Cheers!

Brent

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Any plumbers out there?? Carpet Installers?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »

Hey there mastercaster. Cohokiller on this site is a carpet installer and I know a really good plumber that is in Surrey. He is a fellow employee for the district. I will send you his number.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:18:13 AM »

Thanks!  I'll call him right away.

BTW, Cohokiller was the guy I lined up to do the job to do the laminate, etc. with my help.  Th guy was a no show, wouldn't return my calls or emails, and left me high and dry to do the job myself.  It's happened to others on the board, as well.  They had to find someone else to do it.  In fact, I haven't been able to find one person on the various sites that he did a job for.  Guess he can do the talk: just can't do the walk.  Luckily, I've had some experience with laminate but instead of being up at my cabin fishing I'm down here doing you know what.  Such is life.

You'd think a guy who offers his sevices would be more reliable and considerate!  Stay clear of this dude!   Can you tell that I'm a tad bitter about the situation? ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:21:13 AM by mastercaster »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »

Coho_Killer did the laminate flooring in my place. it looks great and no squeeky squeeky. I dont think its because he flakes and stuff but i know his boss (from his job) is kinda all over the place and they work messed up hours alot(no 9-5 there) He is a good guy but yes he sure is bad at answering his phone or calling people back  ;)

I also think when he put up the add for flooring installations he over committed himself because i was talking to him and he couldnt believe how much response he got LOL I even offered to help him even though i dont know much about flooring  :-\
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »

I also think when he put up the add for flooring installations he over committed himself because i was talking to him and he couldnt believe how much response he got LOL I even offered to help him even though i dont know much about flooring  :-\

Well when you advertise on every site as well as craigslist you are bound to get people calling. When you committe to do a job people count on you to do it. To leave people hanging is not a great way to do business as this is a good way to ruin your business and your reputation which I think is the case here. I do not blame people for being mad one bit. If it was me I would of been pissed.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

I didnt say dont be mad about it, if that was me i would be choked as well. I was just saying that he does do good work, when he does it  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

klamathking

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »

I will be in the chilliwack area in the next month or so every weekend fishing the vedder and if you live remotely close to chilliwack and havent got it done, I will come over and knock it out. I have my own business in wa state and would be glad to help out,  any fishing tips are always appreciated. I am a contractor for what was end of the roll here in marysville, wa till the owner decided not to pay royalties anymore and changed the name of his store.  mike
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:11:07 PM by klamathking »

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »

I will be in the chilliwack area in the next month or so every weekend fishing the vedder and if you live remotely close to chilliwack and havent got it done, I will come over and knock it out. I have my own business in wa state and would be glad to help out,  any fishing tips are always appreciated. I am a contractor for what was end of the roll here in marysville, wa till the owner decided not to pay royalties anymore and changed the name of his store.  mike

email sent

Brent (Mastercaster)