Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2009?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon  (Read 211533 times)

jeff

Re: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon
« Reply #480 on: September 11, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

That dry brine is awsome I use it all the time but I have never left it on the racks for that long I put the fish on the racks under my fan on high for a couple hours then I put it in the smoker how much a difference does the 8 hours compared to 2 hours.
Enjoying the water..........

Lawsch

• Do or do not, there is no try..
« Reply #481 on: September 11, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »

I got one today at deas, fished 8am till 2pm.  Not many fish caught, there were some jumpers and everyone there caught 1 fish, but it died off after 12.  I think the run has mostly passed by the lower fraser.

barnun

« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »

i dont think the bulk of the run has come through just yet -- there should be almost another full week of fish moving through, if this isnt so this is an extremely early arrival, or a lot smaller amount of fish than expected..

gcal

« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2009, 08:58:21 AM »

With the commerical opening all next week, then I guess the Pink run will be near over?   

It's been a fun ride so far.

Davis

« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:32 AM »

Its too bad those commies had to go out and ruin all the fun! Not to mention all the bycatch,Wild coho,Summer stealhead,Sockeye etc. How much of a return is there a few cents a pound for a pink?

captainzippy

« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »

Still managed to land a couple yesterday after work.  You just have to work a little harder.

UFC

« Reply #487 on: September 12, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

I was out this morning around the Surrey area at low tide. There were very few signs of fish; I'm assuming due to the commercial openings. I did hook one pink but it shook off right away. Next I hooked a very large chinook. Unfortunatley I hadn't respooled my spinning reel yet this year, so I didn't have a full spool of line. Sure enough, after a couple of minutes and a few strong runs, I almost ran out of line......so I tightened the drag and snap.
Four hours of fishing with nothing to bring home but a fish story. I'm respooling now!

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #488 on: September 12, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »

Fort Langley yesterday morning for incoming tide from 9am until noon - big fat doughnut hole and very few jumpers - saw none caught.

Fort Langley last evening for outgoing tide - 530pm until 730 - skunked again, although fair showing and did see one go home with a boat that anchored about 50 feet in front of my 8 year old son trying to fish (one of them casting toward shore too - jerks - there's a whole friggin river for you to choose from in a boat, no need to crowd an 8 year old boy! Jerks.)  We ended up moving as my son just didn't want to fish anymore after seeing the boat pull one out, in his 8 year old mind, the boat was taking all "his" fish (yes, I did explain to him but hard to change the thoughts that come when he saw that with his own eyes!).

out at Derby Reach area this morning at first light for a couple hours - fish pretty plentiful, lots of jumpers and fairly good bite - I came home with 3 bucks, my friend 2 and saw one other bring a couple home - there were also multiple hookups that didn't come all the way in and a few we all let go, looking for that doe roe.....  come about 8am the bite was off, very few jumpers.... stayed around to chat with some other friends that showed up around 9 and didnt' see anything happen until I left at 10.

Not as good as the 2 or 3 days last week, but pretty darn good morning out - I'll take it!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #489 on: September 12, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »

out in the lund last night around patullo  .  got a few taps  . and landed  one fresh doe  lots of silver on the tail. 

fish_oholic

« Reply #490 on: September 12, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »

last two outings...skunked...I wonder why this year seems to be much slower than 2007..

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #491 on: September 12, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »

hooked 6 landed 4 today. Half were on the fly, half were on gear. It was a beautiful day out there, although not many people catching fish.

tumbleweed

« Reply #492 on: September 12, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »

I got a nice female today near the mission bridge. But I did not see very many fish.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #493 on: September 12, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »

Got skunked for the first time. Fished for an hour and a half, and not alot of jumpers, the ones I did see where darker. Has it slowed down because of the commercial fishery? How long is the commercial fishery opening?
The Bigger The Better!

WestEast

« Reply #494 on: September 12, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »

Arrived at Macquabek Park to launch at noon, only to find it roped off by RCMP. Divers and a tow truck brought in, and they pulled out a car. Looked like it had been there for some time. Unfortunately, no launch, no boat, no fishing for us...... Felt sorry for the half-dozen and more boats waiting to get back to shore..... we were told it would be several hours before they reopened.