Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2009?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon  (Read 211521 times)

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: 2009 Fraser River pink salmon
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »

Has it slowed down because of the commercial fishery? How long is the commercial fishery opening?
Ive seen more fish in the last few days with net marks on them than i have in the past week and a half ive been fishing the fraser. So it could be that the comercial guys are netting more, i don't know for sure. Although I believe we've seen the bulk of the run now.

DOdGER

« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »

my spidey sense was tinglinging about maquabeaik...that is my default launch. I opted to launch elswhere, which really beats the crap out of the traleir at llow tide. no nothing anywhere for me. even laft my last weekend honeyhole to follow the tide. skunked.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #497 on: September 13, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »

Just got back from a 6am - 9am outgoing tide trip to Fort Langley - slower in the jumpers, I left with a nice doe, gave one B I G buck to a friend that was there that got skunked for his BBQ, another friend there left with 3 and the two other guys that were there left with a couple each.  Slowed to a crawl about 8-8:30ish.  Water clarity noticably worse than the past few days.
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

mattyo

« Reply #498 on: September 13, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »

Anyone know if Macquabeek launch is open today?? Thanks in advance, on my way back from Kilby now.

hookme

« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »

I was at Derby Reach Park area yesterday morning till high tide 2 bites none landed and it was  so slow I can't believe a lot  people fishing this area it was a good day though. 

Noel

« Reply #500 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »

Chilliwack is poluted with pinks right now. Don't think I can remember when they were in there so thick.

colin6101

« Reply #501 on: September 13, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »

Was going to try down at the river around Duncan bar an hour ago but it was packed! Decided I'd save the effort for early tomorrow morning instead. Did see three DFO trucks making their rounds though and checking everyone out. It was nice to see them out in numbers, especially considering how busy it was there. With the nice weather, it seems like you should be either going really early or late in the evening to get into some fish and away from the crowds.

Stu

« Reply #502 on: September 13, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »

I was out today 15:30-19:00h.
First it was very quiet, no jumps etc, then around 17:30 there
must have been a school going by. I got one hocked
but lost it, a few minuter later I got this one who wanted to come home for dinner.  ;D

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #503 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »

Went back last evening to the Fort Langley and despite a few risers, both of us had zippo, nada, zip, zero the biiiiiiig 'ol donut hole.  The tide was just starting to recede and as it began to pick up speed, the jumpers came out - unfortunately the sun decided to go to bed at the same time....
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

bcguy

« Reply #504 on: September 14, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »

I'm with Scouter James, been dead around Fort Langley now for a few days. Guess the bulk of the run is through now, might have to move up river a bit I guess. Only saw one caught, by someone on a boat in the middle of the river in 3 hrs.

...or are the commercial guys pillaging the run now?
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

UFC

« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »

There are lots of commercial openings. Rod posted them earlier. It appears they have been going since last Thursday and they go all this week into Thursday or Friday.
My guess is things will be slow for the balance of the week, if the openings remain in place.

SNapz

« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2009, 12:11:02 AM »

I was out at the lightship on Sunday and there was about 7 seiners out there however it seemed that only a couple of them put their nets down while we were out there. Not too many fish jumping out there and if the seiners weren't there I would have though most of the fish were passed through by now but the 2 that put their nets down while we were there were hauling them in. One nice Spring that they had to that was released. Must have been around 20 - 25 lbs.

DFO was out there right beside the seiners bringing in their nets.

We were only able to get 1 pink and 1 coho to bite which was released. Not too much for fish but nice day out on the water.

mattyo

« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »

1 coho to bite? That would make my WEEK ;D. Got a few under the Port Mann and down on Sunday. Still a lot popping on the south side but not a lot of biters :'(.

Kevgor

« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2009, 07:13:09 AM »

Things seemed to pick up last night right at high tide (Richmond south arm). Fished for about 2 hours between 5-7, with many many jumpers and fish finning the surface over the entire 2 hour duration. The fishing was easily as good as it was on labour day weekend. This run might not be quite done yet. :D

At least those up river may find a few new schools to play with today
Kevgor -

Derek::

« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »

Things seemed to pick up last night right at high tide (Richmond south arm). Fished for about 2 hours between 5-7, with many many jumpers and fish finning the surface over the entire 2 hour duration. The fishing was easily as good as it was on labour day weekend. This run might not be quite done yet. :D

At least those up river may find a few new schools to play with today

good to hear, because the last 2 times I was out, zero.