Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, August 30th 2009  (Read 2078 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Tidal Fraser River, August 30th 2009
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »

Spent a couple hours up around Poplar this afternoon from low tide for a couple hours of incoming - even the seal had a McDonald's bag (I'm guessing fillet 'o fish?!?).  There were about 20 people I saw fishing every which way, but I didn't see any results other than frustration! LOL
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Dr. Backlash

Re: Tidal Fraser River, August 30th 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:02:46 PM »

I fished the incoming tide this afternoon/evening and caught a few pike minnows, and actually saw a few pinks rolling/jumping just before high tide...had one follow my new homemade spoon right to shore but didn't take it....visibility was not as good as yesterday, but it was still pretty good...its only going to get better!

Nitroholic

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:40:37 PM »

nothing for me, fished the high tide and saw a few more surface than previous days but no hook ups  :-\

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:17:03 AM »

Hooked up with one briefly and the guy beside me caught 3 on fly and I was on fly as well at gp
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

bcguy

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »

Out yesterday for tyhe incoming tide just east of Albion, no luck, not even a nibble, did see a couple of risers, and saw an enormous spring roll a couple of times, had to have a double look to make sure it wasn't seal, would have loved to have nailed that one, apparently pink is not a Chinook color. waiting...waiting...waiting...
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

RA40

• STS Guiding Service
    • STS Guiding Service
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »

BC. that bar is called Slaughter house bar, good for coho in November.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 05:38:42 PM »

Spent a couple hours up around Poplar this afternoon

where is poplar bar?  patullo is to full and  need to find another place.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:43:18 PM by Rodney »

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »

where is poplar bar?  patullo is to full and  need to find another place.

Fort Langley Area

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »

Do you need directions to Poplar bar ??

If you google GVRD parks it might be listed there along with Two Bit bar which is very close by. If you cant find anything then directions can be given or at least the last part of them  ;)

EDIT - I looked briefly and found out the area is called Glen Valley (i didnt even know that LOL) but basically you go down river road until you hit 272nd and take a left, after you cross the train tracks you will see Two Bit on your left by the big house, if you keep following the road then you will come up to Poplar Bar on your left also. There is signs telling you which bar your at also  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:53:46 PM by HOOK »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

From brititshcolumbia.com 

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/fishing/?id=15

Crescent Island lies on the opposite side of the Fraser River from the Stave River, and shelters Glen Valley Regional Park's fishing bars from sight. (A fishing bar is an expanse of riverbed that lies exposed at low tide.) Glen Valley lies 4.3 miles (7 km) east of Fort Langley and, together with Derby Reach Regional Park, offers some of the best saltwater fishing on this section of the Fraser River. Head east from Fort Langley along 88th Avenue: Two-Bit Bar is located at the intersection of 88th Avenue and 272nd Street.

Follow River Road east of Two-Bit Bar to reach Poplar and Duncan Bars, a total distance one way of about 2.5 miles (4 km) between the three sites. Of the park's three fishing bars, Poplar Bar is the largest and offers the most interesting options. You can fish, launch a car-top boat, and explore several riverside trails.
Derby Reach Regional Park sits across the Fraser River from the entrance of Kanaka Creek. The park's Edgewater Bar is a big attraction to anglers of all ages who come to set their lines for salmon and watch the Fraser River flow by. Fishing bars that were once prevalent along the Fraser have more recently been usurped by log booms, which makes Edgewater even more valuable. What gives this park top billing are the squares of melmac inlaid at the corner of each picnic table. This is the officially sanctioned place to clean your salmon. Just the sight of it raises one's hopes.

Anglers congregate near the south end of the Mission Bridge in Matsqui Trail Regional Park. This is the great divide in the Fraser River. Upstream from the nearby Canadian Pacific Railway bridge anglers must carry a provincial freshwater licence, while downstream from it the feds want you to carry a tidal-fishing licence. Take your pick or carry both. Sturgeon, coho and chinook salmon, steelhead, and cutthroat trout await your cast. The GVRD requests that