Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bass fishing info  (Read 30950 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: bass fishing info
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »

Like hell. I kill them all. Most of them here are introduced via the bucket brigade. If the government won;'t do there job to remove this vermin i will and trust me, I am not alone either.

LOL
Take the T out of Morton.

noxcape

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

wow have fun with that i hope you get caught by fisheries because they make the rules not you this was a nice converstion about bass until you showed up

and just to let you know that most of the bass in this province were put here by fisheries up until the late 90s so dont go blaming people that you dont even know
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:04:13 PM by noxcape »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »

wow have fun with that i hope you get caught by fisheries because they make the rules not you this was a nice converstion about bass until you showed up

and just to let you know that most of the bass in this province were put here by fisheries up until the late 90s so dont go blaming people that you dont even know

Your right the government did plant bass in some locations. However, none in the lowermainland. All the lowermainland bass were illegally placed here. Where did they stock in the late 90's? I have looked at the government stocking records all the way back to the 30's and never saw any bass introduced in the 90's. Can you please share the link where we could see these records please.

Although I disagree with the limit of 4 fish per day ( in all bodies of water in which they were illegally introduced ) it is the law. I have written letters as well as others I know to try and get the limit changed in Region 2 to 25 per day. They should be treated just like crappie and other spiny ray fish.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

noxcape

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »

find the stocking reports for skaha

but i am not trying to start a fight

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »

Not even sure if I have enough garden for that much fertilizer :)

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »

Skaha is in Penticton, not LML!!  hahah 

noxcape

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »

wow some of you are retarded you bitch about all the salmon getting dumped and wasted yet you guys will do the same to the bass

noxcape

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

all i know is that when my daughters are old enough to fish they will learn to bass fish because that will be all thats left open to fishing by then

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »

wow some of you are retarded you bitch about all the salmon getting dumped and wasted yet you guys will do the same to the bass

This just in.....BASS ARE AN INVASIVE SPECIES IN OUR WATERS.

Salmon BELONG here.  For all we know BASS are eating Salmon fry, smart guy.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »

I am not fighting with you. I think your a good guy just dont think you have all your facts. I have no problem with people fishing for any species. I just think that any illegally introduced species should have an open season on them.

We are not talking Skaha. Many of the island lakes had bass planted by the government as well. The problems are on the mainland where these fish are in systems in which resident salmon and trout live. The entire Pitt system which is one of the last remaining rivers that has all 5 species of wild salmon has these bass. Any threat to these wild salmon is a problem.

I dont think their is a problem with creating a bass fishery but create them in closed systems. Put them in lakes where they have no way out into our rivers. I enjoy fishing for bass as well, especially smallmouth who are absolutely fantastic fighters. I have caught a 7lb smallmouth on my 5wt fly rod that took me into my backing twice. It was one of my most enjoyable fish caught to this day.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

noxcape

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »

ok prove is buddy i have never once seen a bass with a salmon smolt or a trout for that matter in it mouth

its funny how in ontario they live in the same bodies of water and there is no one bitching about it

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »

Bass are vaccuum cleaners....just because you have never seen one with a salmon fry, fingerling, egg, smolt, whatever...in it's mouth does not mean they don't eat them.  You think they live on a diet of frogs and baby ducks alone?  Lets be realistic here and not pretend for the sake of argument that bass are picky eaters.

There are lakes on the island with cuttys and bass sharing the same water.  They have been like that FOR A LONG TIME.....so nobody "bitches" about it.  In fact, nobody here is bitching about it either.....myself and many others just think that imposing a limit on an invasive species is ridiculous and only done to appease a vocal minority.

Don't mean to offend, I certainly enjoy bass fishing as much as the next guy and probably have quite a bit more experience doing so than you'd imagine from my posts regarding this.  Anyhow, its going to go in circles, I can tell already.  I'm done!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »

here you go

Belong to the "4 F Club"

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »

I have seen alot of bass at Mill Lake with trout and sun fish in there mouths. :-\

jimmywits

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »

Are bass good to eat?
Bass are absolutely delicious, my parents retired to Salt Spring Island and there residence is lake front on St Mary's lake, and there are big bass in there. The first time I caught a decent size bass and took it home for breakfast for me and pop, upon our first bite we just looked at each other in amazement. We were very impressed.