Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RCMP Checking fisherman?  (Read 19804 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: RCMP Checking fisherman?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 07:41:55 PM »

Barbs are a industry invention, it is more economical to make all hooks barbed than unbarbed because it fits all fishing industries worldwide. Yes it is more convenient for industry but thats the problem. When people start to get greedy and think of profits before people (or in this case fish) problems are bound to happen.

I'm sure most local stores are passionate about fishing and would welcome the idea of all gear being unbarbed but they would also risk the loss of sales to competing stores that would continue to sell barbed gear so they simply do not change.

profits over everything. hell this site would not exist if it was not making profit.... think about that

Dude. Move to Laos if you're such a commie. Give your head a shake. It the responsibility of the individual to ensure they are not breaking any laws. Try holding yourself accountable rather than laying the blame on someone else.

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »

So it should be. Get the real criminals!

No it shouldnt, stop supporting the "real`` criminals

warlo_527

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »

Whether it may be the RCMP or municipal police or DFO....it's good to have somebody checking fisher people on the rivers. And if that person happens to be somking whacky tobacco or even better that person has an arrest warrant...that check is def worth it.....get your license and thank that officer for doing a great job.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 10:38:02 PM »

Dude. Move to Laos if you're such a commie. Give your head a shake. It the responsibility of the individual to ensure they are not breaking any laws. Try holding yourself accountable rather than laying the blame on someone else.

I totally agree Dion. People are always looking for the easy way out. Besides barbs are not totally illegal in this province. So why should they only sell barbless hooks?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

kaolinite

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In a democracy isn't it the people's responsability to stand up and force change? Tieing a line with a weight, hook and a piece of wool then snagging salmon that have traveled thousands of miles and have passed hundreds of obstacles to get to its spawning stream isn't breaking the law, so that makes it right? I think not! I'm sick of watching fishing store clerks sell barbed pink lures to obvious poachers/one-dayrs with no mention of pinching the barb's down. Its more than obvious that this person will be using this lure for pink salmon, is it to hard for the clerk to ask "would you like me to put your barbs down?". Its the local law and enforcing it should be up to everyone, especially people involved with the industry. I would have to agree it does trickle down to the responsibility of the individual but shouldn't the industry put sensible measures in place to protect fish? The people running our fish right now are not doing a good job, thinks need to change.

give your head a shake for rolling over and being such a sheep. Your a troll
To keep this OT i got check today for the first time in years. Its always funny to see half the people out fishing dissapear withing 5 min.

3/16ths

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »

Dion, well said.  It seems that it is becoming a trend in society these days for individuals to find an excuse for not taking ANY responsibility for their actions.

Kaolinite, you need someone to pinch your barbs for you?  Would you like a fisheries officer to follow you around on the river to remind you not to break any regulations?  How would you like your own personal RCMP to sit beside you when you are driving to remind you not to speed?  Give your head a shake :-\

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 07:42:01 AM »

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I missed an "is" so sorry if you couldn't comprehend that. I do appologize for my inadequate proof-reading.

I'll respond to the rest of your post in a few hours after I'm done class and have time to mull over the cr@p you've written.

bcguy

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »

Talked to those 2 guys, it wasn't about fishing.  It was about smoking wacky tobacco.  They were released without harm ;D
Say it isnt so...there are fishermen that smoke electric lettuce?!?!?!  ::) ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

Only us cool ones :)
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »

No it shouldnt, stop supporting the "real`` criminals

If you want it to stop supporting the "real" criminals then legalize it to remove the blackmarket profit of it. 

Gaffer

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

I was driving home from work, past a popular fishing spot on River Road.  See one car parked with a RCMP crusier beside it.  There were 2 guys there, with their fishing rods leaning against the cruiser.  Both of the guys were in handcuffs.  Wondering if the RCMP are now enforcing fisheries?  Drove by that spot and fished it many times during the years and never seen the RCMP checking anyone.  This may be a good warning to make sure you are all legal when fishing for pinks.  I know it is sometimes easy to forget to pinch the barbs.

Have a great day

Rob.
Yes they are checking licensing since Ottawa cut 70 jobs from the enforcement Div Of the Dead Fish Office- Cheers

Gaffer

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »

Although it would be nice to have stores do this, they simply do not have the time to be spending it doing this, they would need new staff to pinch all those hooks. Also most packages hooks are packaged barbed and therefor the stores can't be opening everything up and pinching.
or
Give me a break !! The LAW says NO BARBS period ! Take some responsibility for your own actions Kid ! Pinch the barb down ! How tough is it for "G**'s sake!---- the Barbless law was brought in to give the dwindling numbers of fish a better chance to get off-- No more--No less--Tight lines/sharp hooks

Gaffer

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »

There are fisheries in region 2 where barbs are allowed so that is why they sell them.  If DFO had a greater presence on our rivers this wouldn't be a problem.  From my observations most anglers comply with the barbless regulation.
Where oh where might these places in  BC be---- Cheers

Gaffer

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

Unfortunately No.  Only if you witness an Indictable Offence being committed or an offence against yourself, property, or people in your care (family). Fisheries violations do not count.

But I wish they did.
O.R.R. Observe Record Report --Let your fingers do the reporting---Cheers

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

LAKES