Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 13th 2009  (Read 2066 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, October 13th 2009
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »

I had a little work to do today but thought that I would be able to hit the water for a "quick fish". I decided that I would fish the latest spot from 12 to 2 and be out outta there for some afternoon work that needed to be done. Pulling up to the parking area I see that there are very few anglers out there, much much better than yesterday! As I wade to my chosen spot I realize that I will be fishing alone  :o :o :o :o(aside from a guy across the way) ;D Its cool and overcast, just perfect. I set up my float about 6" from weight, with a 12" leader, we've be just nailing them in this super shallow flat....almost comical how shallow we are fishing. I put on a nice chunk of pink roe and toss er out, into the sweet zone and float disappears! fish on! then off. I bait up again and drift through the holding area, watching my float is kinda difficult cause there is a little bit of glare on the water, but I manage to see that it is nowhere in sight, so I go for the late hook set and connect with a nice small spring which comes to hand for a release. Fourth cast of the day and I see the float dip..dip in the tail out, intently watching it, I see it get sucked out of sight. It is a very long hook set but fortunately this fish decided to take it deep, fish on! and it proceeds to go apesh*t...jumping and rolling like crazy. Anyways after a brief fight I land a nice 8 pound hatchery doe. Bonk. I hit a few other chums and had many drains but failed to connect with any other hoes. Outta there by 2 pm. It rarely goes this way but sure is nice when it does ;D

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:19:28 PM by hue-nut »

Nervo69

Re: Chilliwack River, October 13th 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »

Nice fish ;D Was the spring clean?

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »

Nice fish ;D Was the spring clean?

not bad, it was one of the smaller red springs, really nice golden tinge to it.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »

Man you chopped off half of that fishes head in the picture.
That's too bad.

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »

Nice picture, I like the drift wood background. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 11:51:33 PM »

Was out with rhino today and he is supposed to write The Journal.. ;D I kept a bright chinook jack that was red as the ones we take on the Thompson, a pleasant surprise.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »

I like the way you take pictures with the rod and fish together, helps judge the fish size. also I like the way you fish. Good job.
Fish on!

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

Was out with rhino today and he is supposed to write The Journal.. ;D I kept a bright chinook jack that was red as the ones we take on the Thompson, a pleasant surprise.

nice seeing you again Chris, "our" area of the river is cleaner thanks to you. Saw you out again this morning, did you manage to connect with anything silver? Jesse and I were out for the morning, we were into chum after chum, couple monster springers, few spring jacks, and we each were blessed with hatchery does!

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

I like the way you take pictures with the rod and fish together, helps judge the fish size. also I like the way you fish. Good job.

thanks, I am always trying to mix it up with the pics, really liked this one.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »

nice fishing with you Chris! Got to learn a few thing too which was great! You are a very athletic young man Chris. The river almost took me a few times and you seemed to have no issues.As far as the journal goes i don't believe that i can do the fine people on this forum justice with my skills( i have a grade 10 education :-[ :-[) your journals are far more exciting and of better quality then anyhing I can produce. Also, i landed and released only one pink that day and you took home the prize which you kindly offered to me but my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to take it. After you left the bite stopped. ???

camtheman

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 06:05:44 PM »

thats a picture to have framed nice fish and nice picture