Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River, October 31st 2009  (Read 2552 times)

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Chehalis River, October 31st 2009
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »

dirty and full of scanky 1/2 rotten chum...sucked. saw 2 coho hooked and none landed.

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis River, October 31st 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »

Thanks for the report Roy, we fished a smaller flow out that way that usually fishes well after a big rain but it was also high and brown. Lots of dirty chum and we only saw one coho taken.

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »

Sean I came close to hitting that 1 but figured the Chehalis would rock after all the rain, man was I dissapointed, so were a ton of other rods, wondering around with big frowns on their faces. BIG BUST. It sure isnt the river it used to be 10 years ago thats for sure. I should have known, as I was gearing up a fellow walked past me at first light, like 7:20is, he was leaving...all he said was a ton of guys and water that looked like s@#t.

Should have turned around right there :-\

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »

I wasted my time today as well. Not on the Chehalis but still wasted my time. Even used the headlamp for the first time this morning to get to the spot early. About 300 meters from the spot I wanted to fish I have to cross this ditch that usually has about 3 inches of water. Well today it had about 4 feet of water. No visibility. I couldnt leave though as my friends were meeting me. So I flogged this useless piece of water for about an hour and left shortly after my friends arrived. Should have stayed in bed. On the plus side I got a great 2 hour workout in the gym before preparing for halloween with the kids :)

My salmon season is done. I know their are fish I could go and catch but my heart and enthusiasm isnt into it anymore. Lots of other things to do.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 07:41:49 AM »

Brian
 Too bad you did not stay. Water level was dropping like a rock steady, and the day turned out to be excellent. I hooked a bunch and Milo landed about four on the fly.
 There was about 6 other guys fishing it  and everybody landed some cohos as well. No single chum hooked. :). How the lox turned out?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »

Brian
 Too bad you did not stay. Water level was dropping like a rock steady, and the day turned out to be excellent. I hooked a bunch and Milo landed about four on the fly.
 There was about 6 other guys fishing it  and everybody landed some cohos as well. No single chum hooked. :). How the lox turned out?

Dont forget I left my interior light on in my truck so I had to go back or my battery would have died. After that I didnt really want to make the trek back down that trail anyways.

Wife is very grateful of the lox buddy. Thanks again for that. I will see you soon :)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

speycaster

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »

I didnt really want to make the trek back down that trail

BBs a wimp, BBs a wimp. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »

I didnt really want to make the trek back down that trail

BBs a wimp, BBs a wimp. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ya thats why I went to the gym instead ;)

Honestly if I thought it was going to be worth it I would have run that trail after turning off my light. Just ask Milo about the time I left his leatherman down at the bottom of that trail and it was getting dark...

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Preliator

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

On the plus side I got a great 2 hour workout in the gym before preparing for halloween with the kids :)

I started going to the gym about a year ago and only recently started getting back into the gym - it's very hard to juggle both, especially after a day of work, and in your case, a wife and kids. I don't know how you do it man  ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

I started going to the gym about a year ago and only recently started getting back into the gym - it's very hard to juggle both, especially after a day of work, and in your case, a wife and kids. I don't know how you do it man  ;)

Thanks

Before having kids and a wife I went twice a day. Before work ( cardio ) and after work ( weights ) I love the gym and in my adult life I have only been out of the gym a total of one year ( when we planned the wedding ) Also its my business so I need to stay in shape ;)

Sorry for the hijack

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Preliator

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

Either way, I commend you, because it takes real dedication as I've discovered. You know, getting to the gym is one thing, it's the work outside of the gym that gets me - like the eating schedule, phew! With fishing you have to pick and choose, heh

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

Either way, I commend you, because it takes real dedication as I've discovered. You know, getting to the gym is one thing, it's the work outside of the gym that gets me - like the eating schedule, phew! With fishing you have to pick and choose, heh

I run a bootcamp in Abbotsford. I have also competed in 2 bodybuilding shows ( in my last show I won the overall title )

Diet is the toughest part. If you want to talk more about this just email me at bryan@cardiocorebootcamp.ca I dont want to hijack this any further. I dont mind helping people out.

BTW I actually enjoy fitness a bit more than fishing. Fishing is my time with my buddies.

Belong to the "4 F Club"