Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 10th 2009  (Read 1107 times)

flyrod

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, November 10th 2009
« on: November 10, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »

I fished the run on the Yarrow side of Lickman and hooked and landed a nice doe chum of about 8 lbs.  First one that I am keeping for the smoker.  Hit a coho in the same run who was on and off in seconds.  Saw another surface and make its way up river.  Went up to Peach, Chilliwack side, up stream for a while but didn't touch a thing and only saw one chum surfacing and moving around. 
Decided to go up stream to the run above Allison and fished it thoroughly.  Flipping colorados but not a touch.  Tried pink wool and hooked a 6 inch rainbow.  Fished altogether about 5 hours and found the river to be high was very fishable.  Water clarity was really good...3 feet plus.  Nice colour to the river.  My instincts were thinking steelhead with the colour and height of the water, but of course i am a month early. 
I think that there are still a number of late coho to arrive, but not in any numbers.  Chilly morning with snow on the mountains and rain in the afternoon, but overall a good day on the flow. 

bigsnag

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, November 10th 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »

Agree,Last year I fished til last week of Nov. and caught  coho and a couple of springs to my surprise. Didn't get as many bites but was tossing spinners and jigs mostly. It was too cold on the hands to use roe or flies.
It ain't the roe bro'