Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105856 times)

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Thank you for the pm Chris! Gonna gear up and head out now. Can't reply to your pm. For some reason it won't let me pm people back.
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Ohh n Happy New Year to you too Chris
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

coho killer

Conditions? Thinking of heading out tomorrow morning, Thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions? Thinking of heading out tomorrow morning, Thanks.
The last I heard it was OK but it will dpend of course if we get rain overnight, was fairly mild today.

jon5hill

Water was lime colored in the upper sections but in the lower sections it was a bit muddy. Caught a nice bull trout in the upper section today but no hookups with steel, conditions were not horrible by any stretch.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Just got back spent the day on the upper and water was 4-6 feet of visiblity and quite clear. Just below the bridge was about 18 inches of visiblity as of noon and lower was pretty murky. Few caught today and will try to post my report at some point. No steel for us today :( beautiful day out though and I feel sorry for those of you that decided to take a pass ;)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Fisherama

Went out for my first trip of the year and brought my bro who's visiting from California.  Had I known that he'd hook and land a wild steelie after his fourth cast, I would have left him at home! :D ;).   No steel yet for me though.  Conditions were great above the slides and and visibility was only about 2ft below.   

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain this morning in the Valley, not sure of river conditions, will check it out later today.

kingpin

• Old Timer

lower was going out this morning under 12'' of vis
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

lower was going out this morning under 12'' of vis
Yes it did not look very good when I drove over the Freeway Bridge this morning on the way to Abbotsford. I guess the heavy rain we are having contributed to it.

Banny

Just got back from fishing the upper.  Everything looks perfect above the Allison slide.  Conditions did not appear to be deteriorating as far as I could tell, only light rain coming down. 

Only thing missing was the fish :(

slick vic

Went out for my first trip of the year and brought my bro who's visiting from California.  Had I known that he'd hook and land a wild steelie after his fourth cast, I would have left him at home! :D ;).   No steel yet for me though.  Conditions were great above the slides and and visibility was only about 2ft below.   

i think i saw you two. were you using CP set ups?
my uncle and i were fishing on vedder too yesterday.

costas

im just wondering why do alot  of people chose to use cp setups for steelhead?
thanks costas
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

im just wondering why do alot  of people chose to use cp setups for steelhead?
thanks costas

I like to use a CP because I like the line controle and it's a blast playing fish!  ;D

costas

i just use my bait caster.but it has just seemed more ppl use cp for steelhead ???
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths