Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105889 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Getting this thread back on topic. I just checked the river in the Lower and visibility was not the greatest, I would say around a foot, silty looking as well. Still raining but the snow level is down part way on the local mountains. Tomorrow will be a toss up, in the Lower anyway.

SteelHunter

Whats the chances of catching a steelhead on the north arm of the Fraser, on the Burnaby side were north arm park is??
whats kind of setup will produce at this location, will be better fishing in the afternoon around lunch?
Kinda new to fishing , and wondering  if its worth it going there in the afternoons or should i go mornings?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

No rain overnight so conditions should improve throughout the day going for a look at it shortly.

iblly

• Old Timer

Whats the chances of catching a steelhead on the north arm of the Fraser, on the Burnaby side were north arm park is??
whats kind of setup will produce at this location, will be better fishing in the afternoon around lunch?
Kinda new to fishing , and wondering  if its worth it going there in the afternoons or should i go mornings?

SLIM TO NONE !

the carp

upper river looked excellent, lower river still murky, but fishable for some. should be ok for tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions not the best but was fishable so put in 3 hours with no success except for one DNE float. As the carp said it should improve for tomorrow.

Banny

Chris, you are referring to the lower below the slides I take it?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris, you are referring to the lower below the slides I take it?
Yes thats correct, sorry I should have said that, heard of one fish taken and another angler said he saw one surface so the odd one is around, will give it a good shot tomorrow as I am still looking to beach my first one of the season but I am not the only one in that camp. :o

Fisherama

i think i saw you two. were you using CP set ups?
my uncle and i were fishing on vedder too yesterday.

Hey vic, not to derail the thread but were you the guys that let us have your pool in the upper?  If so, thanks!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Strong NE wind blowing tonight so dress warmly if you are fishing tomorrow.

slick vic

Hey vic, not to derail the thread but were you the guys that let us have your pool in the upper?  If so, thanks!!

yes, my uncle caught his first steelie later on in the afternoon.. that pool seems to be very productive. we had a great day.
 and you are very welcome sir  ;D
nice catch to your brother.
see you around

vic

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Strong NE wind blowing tonight so dress warmly if you are fishing tomorrow.

hella windy from mid to lower today, just howling

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

hella windy from mid to lower today, just howling
Thats for sure, I took a look, made a couple dozen casts and went to badmintion instead of battling the wind. Water condition excellent by the nway. Darn wind still blowing tonight.

sugartooth

No wind on the upper section of the river.  Saw one hatch taken.

penn

No wind on the upper section of the river.  Saw one hatch taken.
Well that's because the upper just happens to be surrounded by mountains , it usually is far less windy then the lower for that reason .