Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 106042 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer

Give it a rest, we need rain.... The river level is perfect and the color is beautiful.  Go fish somewhere else, the Sumas is a nice brown color...

agreed the level is perfect. vis is great.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

agreed the level is perfect. vis is great.

ya! the canal is just beginning to shape, the water is perfect!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good today but fishing seems slow. Maybe I say that as I travelled different parts of the river the last two days, fishing around 14 hours total fishing time. Today I only saw 3 caught including one taken behind me by a chap fishing a spoon. :o Total brood stock I understand is 21, behind last years catch at this time. The plus part for today for me was finding a Drennan float, $2 worth of beer tins, getting lots of exercise and lunch at The Point. ;D Maybe tomorrow things will change as I have only hooked but lost two fish for 4 days of fishing this week. ::)

penn

Was out Friday , every thing looked real good except the apparent lack of fish . The level and color are good . Funny thing is , looking at the river level gragh it mysteriously shows an instantaneous drop of about a meter on Jan 27  at Veddar Crossing . The same drop registers at Slesse creek too , but just as fast corrects itself there . The Veddar Crossing station continues with that new lower level . What's up with that?
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp

bcguy

Caught a 6 1/2# silver bullet yesterday on the upper section using a bright orange roe bag. Hatchery doe, she put up a nice fight. The water conditions are GREAT!!!
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Someone pulled out a huge fish.
The Bigger The Better!

Nitroholic

fished the lower, visibility was great, just no fish. heard of a 6lb (I think) weighed in at freds

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Just one fish? Was a good day where I was, and not just for me.
The Bigger The Better!

Angry Dragon

fished the lower today and saw a 8 LBer landed right in the middle of 3 spey casters

EZ_Rolling

conditions on the lower were nice today report to follow

penn

Re: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »

Ya it's lookin good mr r.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2010, 05:15:11 PM »

Visibility around 1. 5 feet this afternoon in the Lower. It looks like some clay slumped in. Reports I got fishing is very slow in the Lower this week.

yoda

« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

thanks penn, was out today and nada, but the the water was excellent, ran into some other fwr members, not lucky as well!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »

Lower river had cleared up from when I looked at it late yesterday. I even wetted a line for 90 minutes in the late afternoon and darn I lost my 10th out of 12 hooked so far this season.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »

Water was a little colored when I reached the river after I had lunch with Nick at Cookies. He had tubed one and lost another in the AM. Also heard of 2 others tubed today. I believe the count is 29 now. Water had cleared up when I left to get home to watch the Leafs beat NJ. The good news I did not loose one tday but maybe that was because I did not hook any. ;D ;D