Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105806 times)

slick vic

river level dropped a lot since last big rain. hopefully the water clarity will be better by next week.
only heard 1 catch in 1 week. maybe i should go out there more.  ;D
good luck down there everyone and have a safe holidays
merry fishmas
Vic

Ned

Went down to KWB today - lost a small Colorado to a snag.

No bites/nibbles and water is green. Good luck and let's keep trying!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

River was colouring up as we left at 4pm, there was a heavy rain up top when we left at 1pm. We talked to others that saw clay bank starting to give way up top.
The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Went out today...
Water vis was great above Allison (was around 4 feet visi and nice green colour). Spent about 2 hours there with nothing....
Moved down to tamahi, around 2 feet vis on arrival. Rain started HEAVY, coloured up fast and we tried beating it down to On the way.
Vis probs dropped to about 6 inches down in the lower.... talked to a couple guys that were going into Thurston on our way out, slides are puking big time now.

No fish to report of.. not even a hit (Yesterday was a quick one hour trip for first one of the year and hit a hatch coho).
One fish weighed in at OTW yesterday... If you get a chance stop in for some sooup at OTW, it's great  ;D

nickredway

• Old Timer

Fished a few runs above the crossing - saw a chap with a nice looking doe, then fished up and down from Peach Rd. Water was pretty colored. Had a nice walk but no joy! I'll keep trying!

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard

Fished up and down from the crossing as well as the river cam. About 1 foot vis up by the slessy trailer park. Checked Lickman and it looked pretty nice. Got the game plan together for boxing day ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River did not too good when I checked it around 11 but it has become colder this afternoon with the snow level creeping down the mountain slopes.

Good news for Santa and his sleight too. ;D ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Thats not a very nice thing to call Mrs.Claus ;) : ;D

waepek

Can't wait to get out this coming Sunday. Hopefully it'll stay cold and dry till then.

Kristopher

Fished most of the day yesterday.  Water was still a bit chalky, but it was a nice day.  Got checked by a CO in the morning. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Got out for the first steelhead trip today. Condition were excellent. I will post a more detailed report of the outing under fishing reports later this evening. ;D

Ned

Got out for the first steelhead trip today. Condition were excellent. I will post a more detailed report of the outing under fishing reports later this evening. ;D

Hey Chris - guy at Fred's said to go with a small yarn presentation for the Steelies. Checked the info board, and 4 were caught today - all does!

Best 'o luck m8y.

kingpin

• Old Timer

i think that is the derby board you were looking at not the daily report
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

jeff

I dont tink Chris needs any tips on how to get the steelhead,I think he has lots of tricks to get it done. ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:01:51 PM by jeff »
Enjoying the water..........

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

I will post a more detailed report of the outing under fishing reports later this evening. ;D

I'm waiting. ;D :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22