Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113320 times)

chromer

Re: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 07:36:50 AM »

Water was almost ideal yesterday. Maybe even a little too clear in the cannal although its high enough for them to push through. About 4' of vis at the crossing, really nice colour. Saw an older gent catch his first steelhaed ever, down low and it was a hog 15+.

No love for me today. The guys that survey the river ( if you've ever seen them with their waders and float tubes ) said they worked the river top to bottom and didin't see a fish. I know they are around I just can't find one. Today should be good as its dropping and clearing.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2010, 03:56:30 PM »

Water conditions were fine today. Didn't get any but saw 2 taken under KWB. One was about 10 pounds and the other one was a HOG. Just under 20.

costas

« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »

yeah the water was in realy good condiction but still got nothing
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

vancook

• Old Timer

Heading out for first light tomorrow morning. Probably going to stick to the upper to avoid other anglers...I'll have to take a peek at the canal and see if I want to throw a couple casts there first thing before moving up.
Anyone else hitting the river tomorrow?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heading out for first light tomorrow morning. Probably going to stick to the upper to avoid other anglers...I'll have to take a peek at the canal and see if I want to throw a couple casts there first thing before moving up.
Anyone else hitting the river tomorrow?
I might finally get out again as spending too much time on the computer working on environmental issues and watching the Olympics.

refrigeration86

was out this morning and afternoon around the canal. left around noon as it was raining. water is very low.

vancook

• Old Timer

was out this morning and afternoon around the canal. left around noon as it was raining. water is very low.
Im off all week and been wanting to get out there...was hoping to camp on the river to save on the drive but unfavorable weather forecast has me hesitatiing. Been thinking of making a short drive to the capilano but I've heard it has a very low steelhead return.

SD49

I was fishing this afternoon... mid river. Landed a beauty chrome doe...10 lbs. I have some great photos, but don't know how to post photos on this site...

colin6101

hey SD49, Rodney posted a great guide to posting photos that is stickied at the top of the general discussion thread.
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20181.0

vancook

• Old Timer

I was out today first thing, river was looking pretty low in some spots. Clear water, saw two people land hatchery fish at the lower portion of the river. No love from the fish gods for me :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:15:06 PM by vancook »

SD49

Was out again...hooked 3 and landed two. A ten pound buck and an 11 pound hatchery....on a bit of a roll....got pics...will figure out how to post them....

anorden

Was at middle river this morning, water starting to color up by lunchtime. Saw one nice wild doe caught, spoke to a pair of guys who claimed to have hooked 4 between them on the upper river early on. Quite a few fishermen out considering the depressing weather!

yoda

was out today, water was up and still rising. stayed until visability went virtually out by noon. failed to get a pull today, and boy was that rain cold!! the snow level was down half way on the mountains. don,t mind cold, but freezing rain is another issue. did see a couple of fish hooked though.

vancook

• Old Timer

water should be in great shape by sunday...assuming the rain settles down a little

refrigeration86

absolutely beautiful day today. water was pretty clear in the canal. tryed everywhere but no fish...again. You cant do anything but laugh when u see 7 people fishing on a 20 foot section of water under the KWB good idea to stay clear but i had to come down to see it for myself.