Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 20th, 2010  (Read 1138 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, January 20th, 2010
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:46:58 AM »

River conditions were good yesterday but the fishing was slow for most in the area we fished, maybe it was because I did not have a bite in three trips during the day including an enjoyable outing with Lew just before dark. We were able to get out for a little over an hour after our annual Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Coalition's meeting with the City of Chilliwack and the Fraser Valley Regional District, planning our 3 cleanups for 2010. Please mark April 17 on your calender as our first cleanup for the year as there is a fair amount out there to cleanup being dropped by careless fishers and others. More details to follow later.

The good news for the day was I was able to help Bederko to tube a nice fresh fish, the 4th one taken for the steelhead brood stock program since it statred last Friday. As well, just as buck was picking up the fish The Master was into one that turned out to be a hatchery doe around 10 pounds, it even had sea lice on it. I was there to help him beach it giving me two assists for the morning, Of course this now meant a trip to Cookies Grill to celebrate the catches. I was glad I could guide the boys to the hot spot. ;D ;D

Heading out shortly and see if I can recover from my 0 for 6 record for the season. :-[

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, January 20th, 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »

what was vis looking like?
Fish killer 101

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:58:44 AM »

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »

Nice, No worries Chris.  I am now 0-7 Dammmit! Yet to fight a fish on my Center pin.  However my casting is getting pretty darn nifty on it.  Good Luck
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

fishbuster

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »

I was out again yesterday hoping to find my second after landing my first last monday.  Found nothing, saw 1 landed and heard of no others caught.  Pretty quit out there.  But the weather has been great, almost to nice for Steelheading.   Will give it another shot next week.   Good luck and happy fishing.