Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mike Lake, April 11th 2010  (Read 1236 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Mike Lake, April 11th 2010
« on: April 11, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »

So decided to take the pontoon out this afternoon to Mike Lake which is 5 minutes up the road. It was a gorgeous day and I just could not stand not taking advantage of it. First time out on the pontoon this year. It was fairly busy but not bad especially for just being stocked. Got out and started trolling to find the fish. First 20 minutes and all I got was one strike. Trolled a bit longer and found a couple fish. Now that I located them I set up my rod with the indicator which had a pumpkin head on it. Tried for about 15-20 minutes with nothing. Back to trolling. After trolling for only a short time I hit a couple more fish. Hmmm. Switched out the pumpkinhead for my go to fly. Immediately I was into fish. It was non stop the entire time I was on the water. Everytime I cast out that line I was getting a fish. What a great time out on the water. Very nice using the pontoon as well so easy to transport and carry around compared to the Spratley.

Fish caught were between 12-16 inches. Some of them pretty good scrappers. All fun on the 3wt.

Here are a couple pics

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:24:45 PM by bbronswyk2000 »

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: Mike Lake, April 11th 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »

Nice!
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »

What time did you make it out?  I was there from 10:30 to noon - fishing from the pier - no hits - but enjoyed the peacefulness.  I saw one guy out on a pontoon trolling just beyond the pier with 2 rods - was getting quite a number of hits including a double header once.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »

What time did you make it out?  I was there from 10:30 to noon - fishing from the pier - no hits - but enjoyed the peacefulness.  I saw one guy out on a pontoon trolling just beyond the pier with 2 rods - was getting quite a number of hits including a double header once.

I got there at around 10:30 so I was there when you were there. I was fishing out of a blue pontoon and stayed at the other end of the lake most of the day. I dont like to troll

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family