Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you have confidence in the Campbell government?

Yes
- 7 (11.7%)
No
- 53 (88.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: May 17, 2010, 04:09:36 PM

Author Topic: The Campbell Government  (Read 25565 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: The Campbell Government
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »

Personally I think because Zalm has morals is why he's taking the time to protest this tax.
He is set $ wise I'm sure but he know's what it's like to start a small buissness & try to make it bigger. (That's how he started out)

I've been reading his story in a book "Bill Vanderzalm : For the People"

It's politics Gordo style that lacks morality....lies lies lies & more lies at election time.......

Mind ya I'm not trying to be Holier than thou as believe me I need God's grace in my life........ but give me someone with morals & that's a friend to be trusted. Mind you we live in a time where good has become bad & bad has become good.............................. :o

Nutterbug

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »

You really don't want "God's grace" creeping its way into politics.  Otherwise, may I introduce to you the jihadists?

As for personal interests at stake with the HST, his son does own and run the Art Knapps garden shop business.  Not saying that's the sole reason for his actions, but it may weigh in.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »

Nutterbug, granted ....if Gordo (Godo to himself) finds out about God's grace ...We'll really be in big trouble !!! Your right don't want a bunch of politians gong around with the attitude "God will forgive me for my "DIS-HONESTY" "MONEY UNDER THE TABLE" "BAD DECISIONS...good for revenue but bad for environment" etc as they may become 20x worse than they are now !!!! That would be shocking.
 Pres. Clinton got some needed grace though . etc.......

As far as jihadists go...well they will not be getting any grace...namely if they think they are doing God's Will by killing people via bombs...airplanes into buildings...when God makes it perfectly clear that He wants people to Love Him love people...& by God's power even love & forgive our enemies...or those who have done us wrong.  

jihadists are the most decieved people I know of...kill in the name of God.  They are mentally ill in my opionion just like the guy who said he heard a voice (which he said was God's voice...more like from the "guy downstairs"with the pointed tail) to cut the head off the poor chap on the Greyhound Bus.
Crazy world.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:58:52 PM by arimaBOATER »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »

Personally I think because Zalm has morals is why he's taking the time to protest this tax.

It's politics Gordo style that lacks morality....lies lies lies & more lies at election time.......

I think you're on shaky ground with that argument. Although Bill probably has strong morals his ethics are rather shaky. Have you forgotten why he resigned?

Vanderzalm is a driven person who is getting tired watching his lilacs grow and sees an opportunity to get back into politics. Bill loves the limelight and is capitalizing on the HST argument in order to get some visibility. There is absolutely no way he is doing this because he wants to protect the people in BC from the HST..... ???

As far as comparing "Gordo" with the "Zalm" your statement reflects your short memory on all the stuff the Zalm did when he was in power....  Neither has anything to do with "morality".
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

arimaBOATER

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »

alwaysfishn Haven't finished reading his book yet but from what I can remember it was over the sale of Fantasy Gardens & through some connections he made through politics ...or something like that....
To me it was a molehill made into a mountain.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »

alwaysfishn Haven't finished reading his book yet but from what I can remember it was over the sale of Fantasy Gardens & through some connections he made through politics ...or something like that....
To me it was a molehill made into a mountain.

There haven't been any politicians in recent history that have resigned because of a mole hill.   :-\

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/Forget+doctors+teachers+kids+want+athletes+rock+stars/2067685/Photos+Fancy+pants+determined+faces+mark+women+curling+championships/2718356/Vander+Zalm+returns+spotlight/2777250/story.html?id=2777250
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:17:10 PM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

arimaBOATER

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »

Put it this way...the past is the past. People can focus on one's mistake which didn't hurt or cheat anyone...more of lack of judgement.

He did plenty when he was in power...he supported the schools 1000% ...bond rating in BC was the best of any prov.  ....no waiting list for surgeries at hospitals...plus living in Richmond I like the  highway that runs east to west...

If he'd enter politics & say start a new Social Credit Party he'd get MY VOTE.  ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

If he'd enter politics & say start a new Social Credit Party he'd get MY VOTE.  ;D

I like Bill as well. Just amazed to see how he is fooling so many are people into thinking he is actually against the HST! 

In the end  I don't believe he would be better or worse than the current leadership....

Bonanza

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2010, 09:03:31 PM »

Politics and union bashing don't belong on a fishing forum. Talk about laws and policies affecting the sport we love, but PLEASE don't talk about your political preferences or your personal view on unions! Some people take offence.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

Politics and union bashing don't belong on a fishing forum. Talk about laws and policies affecting the sport we love, but PLEASE don't talk about your political preferences or your personal view on unions! Some people take offence.

I think politics and union bashing is "General Discussion" don't you?  ;D  

Usually the topic is clearly labeled so if you don't like the title, don't click on it.  ???

By the way, Welcome back to the Forum!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:14:37 PM by alwaysfishn »

Nutterbug

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »

I like Bill as well. Just amazed to see how he is fooling so many are people into thinking he is actually against the HST! 

I don't see what he'd have to gain in knocking down the Liberals and giving the NDP a boost in the process.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »

I don't see what he'd have to gain in knocking down the Liberals and giving the NDP a boost in the process.

Are you aware that the BC Conservatives are looking for a new leader? This is the party that is backing the anti-HST petition.

I think it's unlikely the NDP will get any sort of a boost from this. If Vanderzalm becomes the leader of the BC Conservatives the voting public is unlikely to give the NDP any credit for fighting the HST.

Nutterbug

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

Are you aware that the BC Conservatives are looking for a new leader? This is the party that is backing the anti-HST petition.

I think it's unlikely the NDP will get any sort of a boost from this. If Vanderzalm becomes the leader of the BC Conservatives the voting public is unlikely to give the NDP any credit for fighting the HST.

Vander Zalm has said for the record himself that he is too old to get involved.

He has also put his differences aside and spoken with Carole James by his side on this.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:24:50 AM by Nutterbug »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »

Vander Zalm has said for the record himself that he is too old to get involved.

He has also put his differences aside and spoken with Carole James by his side on this.

If you believe either of those statements then you'll believe me when I say the Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup this year!  :D  ;D

Nutterbug

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »

If you believe either of those statements then you'll believe me when I say the Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup this year!  :D  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jVUQruZPI

Skip ahead to 2:30 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.