Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peterhope Lake?  (Read 18059 times)

Bobber

• I'm a llama!
Peterhope Lake?
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »

I was trying to find some info on the lake, cabin rentals and info rates etc. Web site is weak, years ago I was there and I realize that there has been a lot of developement, was wanting info on renting a cabin rates etc, if you can help out that would be great. Thanks.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Peterhope Lake?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »

I was trying to find some info on the lake, cabin rentals and info rates etc. Web site is weak, years ago I was there and I realize that there has been a lot of developement, was wanting info on renting a cabin rates etc, if you can help out that would be great. Thanks.

Their are no cabins on Peterhope. Some of the owners of the homes on Peterhope rent their places out but thats about it. Other than that just the campground.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »

I think I saw on a web site that a 6 bedroom cabin went for 2500 per week.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18:39 AM »

There's a lodge on Glimpse Lake, just a short drive from Peterhope. I don't know the rates, but Glimpse is pretty fishy and Blue has BIG bruisers that are tough to coax into a bite.
http://www.littlebeavercreekranch.com/intro.aspx
http://

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »

Just rent the cabin at PH for $2500.
It will be cheaper than the dude ranch at Glimpse.
Is sad what they did to the old resort there.
Another old style fishin camp down the tubes.

grease line

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »

I'd just camp there, lots of nice camping.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »

dont expect any spectacular fishing at Peterhope AKA Peterhopeless lake. the fish in there are notroiously hard to find and then to catch. You will probably get some of the smaller ones and possible be lucky enough to tangle with a big one that still resides in the lake  >:( it has humbled many a very good fisherman out there on that lake
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

dont expect any spectacular fishing at Peterhope AKA Peterhopeless lake. the fish in there are notroiously hard to find and then to catch. You will probably get some of the smaller ones and possible be lucky enough to tangle with a big one that still resides in the lake  >:( it has humbled many a very good fisherman out there on that lake

I have never been skunked at Peterhope and I fish it every year. Although I am one of those 'lucky' fishermen ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »

have you ever gotten into any of the big ones Brian ?? I know guys that have gotten fish there and then got skunked the next several times, perhaps you have just timed it right each time. Its to big and deep for my liking so i go elsewhere where i can find fish just a large  ;)
Check out our new blog

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »

have you ever gotten into any of the big ones Brian ?? I know guys that have gotten fish there and then got skunked the next several times, perhaps you have just timed it right each time. Its to big and deep for my liking so i go elsewhere where i can find fish just a large  ;)

I know the caretaker so the guess work was taken out right away. He told me what to fish and where to fish. Oh and yes I have caught a few lunkers in there. Lots of 3-4lb fish and the odd big one.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »

okay okay so then you have been cheating  :P See i was talking about guys with no "insider" info LOL its all good. You ever get anything over the 10lb mark out of there ?? they are in there.....somewhere.

Check out our new blog

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »

okay okay so then you have been cheating  :P See i was talking about guys with no "insider" info LOL its all good. You ever get anything over the 10lb mark out of there ?? they are in there.....somewhere.

Nope have not hooked a 10lber. I know they are in there as well but finding them is the tough part. One day One day.....

Belong to the "4 F Club"

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »

--I caught a duck there once. Was casting into a reed bed, the duck scooted out along the water, hit the fly line and got the fly in the neck.
--It was released
--For you flyfishers it was a favourite of Jack Shaw's... he seemed to be one of those "lucky" fishers that always caught the bigger ones when others, myself included were getting skunked.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »

If you want BIG fish and you're in that area, go to Blue Lake. A little bit tough to get into and usually a bear around, but the fish are bigger. And tougher to catch as the water is really clear.
http://

tnt

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 06:46:04 AM »

I fished Peterhope last week and it was extremely slow, I fish it every year a few time s and never struggled like that....ever since the cabins have been built the fishing has gone down hill...it used to be much easier to catch fish there but the last few years have gotton tough....
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....