Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-tidal Fraser River, August 28th 2010  (Read 1290 times)

COHONAS

Non-tidal Fraser River, August 28th 2010
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:15:36 PM »

Spent a fair amount of time just up from the famous peg fishing alley today and managed to get a nice 20lb. spring to the beach.
My buddy and I could not believe the amount of people that were chasing those sockeyes. There literally must have been
250 cars along the bar and 500 rods. Incredible to see, and I hope they take there garbage with them.

fishfinder

Re: Non-tidal Fraser River, August 28th 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

Several friends took the boat from Gill Rd and went down river. In four hours they only saw 10 sockeyes landed and four springs lost among the 30 boats anchored in his area. Really slim pickings today.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »

Yup, really really slow today.....looks like the commercial opening has slowed things down a bit.

Aki

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »

Was at peg leg, driving across the channel, yesterday just both sides of noon. Caught two within a 1/2 hour and had a spring on that was long line released after a couple of minutes. Using mon filament so it was hard to set the hook really well. Fun while it lasted. It was a bit quiet while I was there but there was a steady trickle of fish being pulled in while I was there.