Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113682 times)

andychan

I checked the River about an hour ago water is clearing up.  The river at Lickman road and Peach road looks like the Fraser River during Sockeye season.  Shoulder to shoulder I have never seen so many people fishing.  It is a big river so there are lots of room somewhere.  Seen a few fish caught and landed. 

we need some photos!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was in top shape since daylight with lots of fish moving through, more detailed report under fishing reports.

vancook

• Old Timer

how's it going out in Chilliwack? Getting much rain?
Heading out tomorrow for first light, been itching to fish my new centerpin...the super silex is moving to retirement. If anyone is hitting the flow and wants to fish together send me an email or pm.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

how's it going out in Chilliwack? Getting much rain?
Heading out tomorrow for first light, been itching to fish my new centerpin...the super silex is moving to retirement. If anyone is hitting the flow and wants to fish together send me an email or pm.
Raining now. Of course it will depend on how much we get before daylight. A good indicator as you know will be the water gauge in the AM.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was just prime this am with a little color from the recent rain. Fishing was good too, further reports under fishing reports later as I am heading back out, after a nap. ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

Next weekend is the Annual Coho Derby. Just some info for us weekend warriors. I wont be going to that gong show.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Next weekend is the Annual Coho Derby. Just some info for us weekend warriors. I wont be going to that gong show.
They should be coming to the river cleanup. ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

They should be coming to the river cleanup. ;)

I would have come to the cleanup but my kids have morning activities. My son started skating this year ( he is 4 ) need to get him good enough to start hockey next year. He should be a big kid and be the next big center on the Canucks. You know Canada's team LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard

Has anyone noticed the fishing rod with the dead spring attached to it under the KWB? Looks like a abu 6500 on a fenwick from what I can tell lol

Fish Slayer

Has anyone noticed the fishing rod with the dead spring attached to it under the KWB? Looks like a abu 6500 on a fenwick from what I can tell lol
Really? That is messed up.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I was there tonight and didnt see any rod from the bridge when I was looking off. But I did see a good dam (building) beaver swim 10 feet away from the guys fishing, was neat to see.

Edit: Because I found a witty way to remove your foul language.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:52:59 PM by DionJL »
The Bigger The Better!

masta

I thought it was the past weekend on the 9th of Oct? That's why I stayed away--plus it was a long weekend too.  (The *the annual coho derby)

diels

i saw that beaver and a family of otters a while ago in the canal to, it was a cool way to start the day of fishing

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A good number of fish around today, further report under Fishing reports.

kindalonismo

Not able to look up under fishing reports yet...how was it today?

Prepared for the madness this Sunday...oh for an empty piece of water ;D