Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113704 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Noticed some people fishing way after the legal time to fish today on the Vedder, FOC will be on this. ::)
Saw some type of light on one float. ???

No fishing one hour before sunrise or 1 hour after sunset.

River sure has dropped the last while of course, it is freezing at night now, bring on the Irons. ;D

Danube Boy

kindalonismo, don't forget about Jensen Eggs if imitating a salmon egg with a small piece of wool is what you are after, it looks a lot more convincing IMO and is less buoyant.

kindalonismo

kindalonismo, don't forget about Jensen Eggs if imitating a salmon egg with a small piece of wool is what you are after, it looks a lot more convincing IMO and is less buoyant.

Thanks Danube, something else to try this week.  ;D

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

Nice meeting you this morning Banny! DFO came by right after you left.  First time i've seen them in years.  We left shortly after you.

Yes a pea sized tuft of pink/peach wool is the ticket though this morning we hooked lots on roe.

Yes - nice to meet and fish with you Banny.  Hmm - that pink/peach wool combo sounds familiar... ;).  Yes - roe was the hot ticket in the morning.  On another note, it was good to see DFO out there - even if it delayed us getting out of there!  I told my wife that I would have made it home on time had it not been for DFO conducting an inspection.  She was OK with it in the end.   :)

diels

pretty clear today. lots of fish around, but most had some colour to them. a little rain couldnt hurt to get a new push of fish. Just my two cents.

kindalonismo

Heading out tomorrow morning before work...any new reports?

Thanks guys

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Water was great and clear.. water levels are low.  I agree a bit of rain will get some fresh fish in.  There are fishing rolling tho.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:37:42 PM by Steal_Mo_Head »
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

habkid10

was out mid river yesterday an things were slow.fished all day with a bud an we were able to land 2 hatchs an 2 wilds an lost a cpl.river is low an clear an fish seem spooky.used 8lb an size 2 hooks w peach/pink wool, fishin pocket water behind boulders.sum rain would b nice to bring in the last of the fresh coho.and strangely  enough,we only caught 1 chum an only got 1 old spring.i cant remember the last time i spent a day on the ved an didnt catch a spring.

kindalonismo

was out mid river yesterday an things were slow.fished all day with a bud an we were able to land 2 hatchs an 2 wilds an lost a cpl.river is low an clear an fish seem spooky.used 8lb an size 2 hooks w peach/pink wool, fishin pocket water behind boulders.sum rain would b nice to bring in the last of the fresh coho.and strangely  enough,we only caught 1 chum an only got 1 old spring.i cant remember the last time i spent a day on the ved an didnt catch a spring.

Thanks so much for the info...looking forward to tomorrow morning.

The rain is coming! ;D

kindalonismo

Being new to the river game, how many more weeks will people be fishing the vedder for coho?

Are there any new places to be checking out...new rivers? Haven't caught alot of fish, but learned a ton and really enjoyed exploring the river. Thanks guys

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages

A few more rivers....I am reluctant to start name dropping as many of the other rivers are gems and not loaded with snaggers and such....we would like to keep them that way.  Email me if you want to go check some out sometime.  Don't forget Steelhead are around the corner.  Then the real fishing begins!!!
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

Fish Slayer

I hope it snows like crazy this year as that will mean no crowds on the rivers and there is nothing nicer than fishing a river in such prestine conditions and settings. The steelhead itch has started already.

kindalonismo

A few more rivers....I am reluctant to start name dropping as many of the other rivers are gems and not loaded with snaggers and such....we would like to keep them that way.  Email me if you want to go check some out sometime.  Don't forget Steelhead are around the corner.  Then the real fishing begins!!!

Thanks so much Spiznack, I really appreciate it!  I will be sending you an email soon. Was talking to a buddy from the island last week about the Steelhead, really looking forward to giving that a go this winter.  Thanks again.

vancook

• Old Timer

Was wondring how the river is looking today after last nights rain fall. Hoping to head out tomorrow morning for an all day outing.

ja

I was out this morning mid river.  Although it's not quite a clear as the past few days, it's still low.  I saw very few fish rise and they didn't even sniff at my presentation.  Didn't see anyone else get anything either.  Left before noon.  I'd suggest save yourself a trip and wait till we get more rain.