Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113705 times)

gman

I was out today and thought the river was in good shape. A little low water, but the rain has given it some colour so the fish did not seem quite as spooky where I was, and I caught some fish.

With the showers in the forecast conditions should probably get even better.

mvelasco

Was out on the upper river and had some good hits.couple of jacks jumping and some old looking fish were caught. The fights always fun though

vancook

• Old Timer

Unfortunately some things came up and I couldnt head out today...hoping tomorrow as long as the river doesnt blow out. Not sure how the rain is in the valley so fingers crossed

BBarley

Unfortunately some things came up and I couldnt head out today...hoping tomorrow as long as the river doesnt blow out. Not sure how the rain is in the valley so fingers crossed

Raining pretty hard on the Vedder this morning. Really started to come down around 8:30 and is still coming down. Check out the Slesse Creek water levels, if that goes than you know the rest....

Fisherama

Just got back.  Water remained pretty low and clear until I left (@ about 2pm).  Lots of activity due to the rain.

ynot

• Old Timer

was at tamahi 7.30=11.00 water has not come up much,steady rain. clear water only saw chum hooked. less than 10 people fishing.tomorrow should see higher water but long way away from blow out.

Sinaran

Me and buddy were fishing at mid river till 5pm. The water level didn't rise much, it was still very clear and low.  Caught a chum on green wool and buddy caught an older hatchery coho on pink/peach wool combo, both were released with care. 
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

vancook

• Old Timer

I'll be out there first light.didn't get a chance to fish last week, looking forward to being on the river tomorrow. If anyone wants to do some fishing let me know.

andychan

how is the water?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

how is the water?
I will take a look shortly

liketofish

• Old Timer

The hydrometer reading at the crossing has gone from 1.45m to 1.65m, so only .2m or roughly 6 inches. Hope there is some colour to the water for the fish to move.

vancook

• Old Timer

Was out today. Colour is a green tinge, I'd say over a foot of vis. Not much fish being caught from the crossing up that I saw. Saw alot of flossing, guys dragging in coho from the tails and backs. Super dark fish too, not a silver looking fish in sight. Lots of spawned out dead chinook and chum piling up along the banks... That nice smell of death.
Didn't take anything home today. Had two brief battles with I'm guessing either a chum or chinook that were both long line released.
Seem like boot city in the upper area, meant to fish the canal at the end of my day but had to get going.
FOC was on the river doing some surveying today.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Water was mint when I left the river 10 minutes ago. I took alook off the bridge just before dark and could clearly see the bottom.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was mint when I left the river 10 minutes ago. I took alook off the bridge just before dark and could clearly see the bottom.
Yes lots of visibility. Saw very few people out when I was there at 6. Maybe its good they closed chum as it keeps a lot of TOW ers off the water. ;D ;D

NiceFish

• Old Timer

okay who's taking me fishing next weekend  8)  :P