Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 121153 times)

kindalonismo

Thanks for the updates guys, thinking about Thursday morning before work.

mistermongz

going to the vedder right now hope i get into some fish should be nice!!!
Fish on!!!

kindalonismo

Morning off tomorrow and just wanted to see the conditions/reports on the river this past week.  Any coho still?

Just trying to determine if I am going Vedder or somewhere else tomorrow? Thanks guys!  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Morning off tomorrow and just wanted to see the conditions/reports on the river this past week.  Any coho still?

Just trying to determine if I am going Vedder or somewhere else tomorrow? Thanks guys!  ;D

A number of people fishing the canal section yesterday so there most likely is a few fish coming through. I tried a few times during the week but only found coho jacks.Some heavy rain overnight so hard to say how the water conditions will fare.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The river is mud but the TOW ers were out in force at the TOW ing spots. ::)

kindalonismo

The river is mud but the TOW ers were out in force at the TOW ing spots. ::)

Cheers for the update Chris!

4TheKids

Sorry, I don't get it but I am curious; what is a TOW?

NiceFish

• Old Timer

i believe it is a hipsters slag for "the other way" as in...flossing salmon.....long lining....snaggots...etc

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

i believe it is a hipsters slag for "the other way" as in...flossing salmon.....long lining....snaggots...etc
;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Still mud and of course it was caused by the snow melt as it was very warm today and it rained all day while I was out looking for a mowitch.

BNF861

• Old Timer
Re: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »

The same people are usually TOW'in their fish in sideways because they are hooked in the back, side, tail   ::)  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer

Chris as a hiptster HMMMM  8).  Might have to think of him Kerouac style now :D :D :D

azafai

so, how is the river now??
thanks in advance.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

so, how is the river now??
thanks in advance.
Checked it after a duck hunt this morning was starting to drop and visibility improving fast. In the Vedder Canal area is was about 18 inches a few minutes ago. Could not resist picking up some floats, 90 in total including 18 quality ones that included a drennan. ;D

Also found a nicely chilled budwiser beer to celebrate a Leaf win tonight. ;D ;D

Heading to check another flow now as well it almost time to start brood capture for cutthroat, may check that out too..

Sinaran

hey Chris, did you discover the beer on a run close to Lickman? I was there before noon.
Did you notice a spawned out dead sockeye on the beach too?  Adipose fin was intact. A chilliwack lake's stock i guess?
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!