Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Courtney Lake, September 12th 2010  (Read 1304 times)

flyrod

• Old Timer
Courtney Lake, September 12th 2010
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:49:19 PM »

My son, Richard, and I fished this lake yesterday from 11 am to 4 pm.  Never fished it before so it was a treat. Found the boat ramp and launched our Ungava.  Trolled with the Minn Kota out to the east end of the lake where Richard hooked and landed an 18" beauty on a bead head micro leech.  Did some casting off the reeds but nothing. Tried Dragons, Leeches, and Pumpkinheads but nothing.  Went back to trolling and I caught two small 10 inchers on my Sheridan Lake special.  Saw some surface action for quite awhile but nothing of any size.  
A black bear came down the hill to the waters edge.  I whistled at him/her and they stopped and looked out at us for a little while, then went back to snuffing around in the grass.  I whistled twice more and off he took up the hill.  I was amazed at how fast they can motor up a steep incline like that.  Enjoyed watching the eagles soaring around and the sounds of a bull bellowing for his cow-girls across the road.  The weather was nice when we got there then it began to cloud up and rain.  Still warm and comfortable until the wind came around 2:30 pm and the tempature dropped.  Then the wind picked up and it got cool.  We went to the SUV to warm up for awhile, then talked about going back out.  The warmth of the seat and back warmers kept us in the SUV until we concluded that it was time to head home.  
Enjoyed the day.  This lake is one that we want to try again.  A couple of weeks earlier it was producing well for some guys we know.  Fall still water fishing is now under full swing.  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:52:53 PM by flyrod »