Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 1st 2010  (Read 1655 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, October 1st 2010
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »

i fished it today with a couple of visitors and we were into fish all day
Springs both adult and jacks and a few chum but no coho
you just have to find the right spots and look for moving fish
river is in great condition right now

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Chilliwack River, October 1st 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »

We were out yesterday and hooked into some large springs and one large hatchery coho.Funny thing is that there was a ton of fish rising but it was very hard to hook them!

prairiefire

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »

I was out yesterday morning till noon. I was only able to get one solid hook up but lost it. Lots of fish but not biting. I threw everything at them except roe. Wool, blades and jigs. Only hit I had was on a blade. Kinda frustrating but it was still a good day. Still getting the feel of my pin.
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

Aki

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »

Hiked a lot yesterday in the beautiful sunshine, exploring areas both above and below the train bridge (from the gravel operation to the power line crossing), and from the RV park on the south side of the river near the Tamihi area, past the clay slide area up to Allison pool. Saw quite a few fish and in some places they were moving through in the middle of the day. Hooked into some springs in a couple of spots but didn't see anyone with a coho. Beautiful day to look around and see how the river has changed. The flood from a few years ago sure has changed the flow in many places; where there used to be pools there are now steady flows and there are some pools in new places. Seems to me we have lost many holding spots on the river with the flood.