Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River, October 5th 2010  (Read 1757 times)

Sinaran

Stave River, October 5th 2010
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

Started fishing at around 9am, with about 5 cars parking at the west side entrance, and two of the "No parking-tow away zone" signs were prbably torn down by angry fishermen.. :o ;D  anyways, they just disappeared, i didn't know why.  
Fished jigs at my chosen spots with no fish to show for for two hours, so i returned to a slow moving current near the entrance.  Set up my spinning rod and spoon (kitimat), and started working on the that piece of water. On my second cast, a fish grabbed the spoon right after it hits the water! A few rolls and headshakes later, it was carefully landed...                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                      a 7lbs hatchery buck ...first 'ho of the season for me. :)   caught another clean chum doe later today, and with the fresh and nice looking roe in the curing process, hopefully things will improve for me at the Vedder next week.  ;)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:18:39 PM by Sinaran »
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

devon42

Re: Stave River, October 5th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

how busy was it when u got there?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:41:46 PM »

It looks pretty busy in that photo.... ;D ;D ;D

Nice fish A, but you're not using my spoons. :'( No confidence on those made in Taiwan products?

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »

how busy was it when u got there?
pretty darn quiet till 4pm when i left, then seemed like the younger crowds started to show up after work/school  ;)

It looks pretty busy in that photo.... ;D ;D ;D

Nice fish A, but you're not using my spoons. :'( No confidence on those made in Taiwan products?
Hey I gave a fair amount of time fishing some of the "Rod's Specials" today, the pink spoon and green spinner, but the fish decided to stick with local brands  ;D ;D    (those are the only two rod's specials i have left since my friend took the rest back to malaysia) any new product btw?  i want some more pink spoons from you next time.  ;)  at least the northern pikeminnows like it! :D :D
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

CUE THE GONG!

haha...nice catch though

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:20:15 AM »

Nice fish Sinaran.

I notice of couple of fishermen in the background on one of the islands.  Wish I had me a boat to get across to avoid the crowds.   :'(
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Banny

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »

not an island, that whole side up there is full of anglers each day

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »

Oops... wrong side - should have looked closer at the electric building.

Sinaran - were you legally parked???  :D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Sinaran

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »

Oops... wrong side - should have looked closer at the electric building.

Sinaran - were you legally parked???  :D
hell yeah, my friend was driving, my car was legally parked in my car garage at home:-P   j/k we parked at the small parking lot up hill near BC hydro's entrance, then walked all the way down.  not worth the risk parking illegally there.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!