Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, October 5th 2010: Lowest Common Denominator  (Read 1209 times)

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
Capilano River, October 5th 2010: Lowest Common Denominator
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »

Hit the flow as early as I could today...3:13pm....that might be a new record. Descended to "steel stair" pool on the NV side. Instantly see three dudes fishing and having a good time...one even has a fish on. Thought - okay..this should be good. As I approach...dude with fish on is acting more paranoid than one should act...looking over his shoulder as I walk closer...then not really fighting the fish, just holding it in the water. The tell tail pink hands and crap all over the rocks indicates these guys are fishing with huge globs of roe...in a river that has a bait ban. Classy. The funny thing was..they really thought they were flying under the radar. Hopefully guys like this don't work for Csis. So, I look down river at two misc. teens fishing a lower pool. Then one of them comes up to talk to what appears to be "Dad" and his poacher friends. He yells "I need some more roe..." that was the funniest part. They all did this funny "shhhh" dance.

Later I head down the river and as I pass the two youths, I tell them there is a bait ban....they said "yeah, we know," and continued to tie roe sacs on. Poor role modeling I guess.

Anyways...the fish jumped everywhere...but not onto any legal bait. The milk sacks and other salmon remains where the poaching crew had been earlier was testament to the effectiveness of their illegality. The teens lingered and cast dirty eyes the way of me and my friend..then on our way out, not surprisingly, they had left a little surprise for us by attempting to obstruct the stairways with branches and a few small logs.

to add to the disappointment, the pool that I love so much is now filled with must be 80 test line all over the place....the midnight snag crew must have been through and had trouble.

I am saddened by the lowest common denominator that seems to crawl out and fish these beautiful rivers like animals. Stiffen the laws for poaching and throw the book at these donkeys.

rant over
You don't make friends with salad.

patagonia

Re: Capilano River, October 5th 2010: Lowest Common Denominator
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »

Did u phone RAPP to report it?

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:43:23 PM »

yeah, got pictures and license numbers too  ;D
You don't make friends with salad.

ejeffrey

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:47:57 PM »

It is really disheartening to hear all these reports of poaching on the Capilano.