Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 7th 2010  (Read 3852 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack River, October 7th 2010
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »

Many of us including Rod do not have to land a fish on every outing to make it rewarding.

How did I get included in this? After 8 hours of total driving time this week, I needed to land a fish! ;D

Nice report rod. I'm glad the usual hole produced for your old man. Sorry about the inaccurate bear report but catching a fish is worth the risk anyway right!?! :D

My dad described the "bear encounter" experience "horrifying" because he said the bear was 500m away, that's too close for his comfort. I said it wasn't 500m away, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to see what it was, it was no more than 100m away. ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »

How did I get included in this? After 8 hours of total driving time this week, I needed to land a fish! ;D

My dad described the "bear encounter" experience "horrifying" because he said the bear was 500m away, that's too close for his comfort. I said it wasn't 500m away, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to see what it was, it was no more than 100m away. ;)
I told you what you have to do. My landing ratio is poor but I have had so many chances and fish on this pass week once I changed my tactics, no I have not taken up flossing or long lining. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:47:49 PM by chris gadsden »

Navy Seal Fisherman

• I'd rather be here
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »

you're so lucky to be able to fish with your dad...it's been years since I've gone with mine, unfortunately because of arthritis and a heart condition his fishing days are pretty much over.  :'(

great photo Rod and best of health to your father.  :)

There is common theme to this thread....you are blessed to have your father be able to fish with you Rod....Many of us were introduced to fishing by our fathers. Most a bit too young to appreciate the experience. What I wouldn't give to be able to enjoy the experience again with my Dad, now as an adult.... to all our Fathers.......cheers!
The only easy day was yesterday