Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 9th 2010  (Read 1049 times)

fishbuster

Tidal Fraser River, October 9th 2010
« on: October 09, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »

Hit the river early this morning for the incomong tide.  A number of guys out for opening day.  Took my Dad along with me.  He's 83 and still loves to go fishing.   Arrived at the river and set the rods up.  A number of small bites off the bat, a couple bullheads or should i say sculpin and a couple chub.  Hope this wasn't going to be the menu for the day.  As the tide neared high, the bite changed to a number of cutthrout and coho jacks.  A total of 6 cutthrout and 3 hatchery jacks.  So take home, was the three jacks and one hatchery cutthrout that was hooked to deep to let go.  Does anybody know if those cutthrout are sea going or resident?  Thanks

Tightlines   

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 9th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:12:36 PM »

Glad to hear that someone was able to get into some coho today.

I spent 4 hours on the north arm this morning and it was mainly a bullhead bonanza with the odd dolly to keep things interesting. Got there a little late around 8ish and the tide was just about high, bites were fast and furious right off and I missed a couple heavy tugs. Lots of double headers today sculpin/sculpin and even a dolly/sculpin double  :D.

Visibility was about 5 inches.