Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 19th 2010  (Read 2819 times)

Riverman

• old fart
Chilliwack River, October 19th 2010
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »

Was able to get to the river well before first light (was angered and saddened)to see a have dozen low life's fishing under KWB at 5 am.I guess they must think no nite fishing does not apply under street lights >:(Headed up River to the first gravel pit and the water was just too low and slow due to the bar breaking down.Off to Tamahi.Very busy around Wilson Rd.Fish must be stacking there with the low water above.
  Things were slow sight fishing around the rocks.River is low and very clear.Finally found a hole with some,about ten Coho.Lost two on roe.One spat my blue Fox spinner at me!Caught and released several smolts on roe.Fish were stale so this was about what I expected.With some rain these fish will be gone and some new blood will be around.Looking forward to rain  :)
Riverman

anorden

Re: Chilliwack River, October 19th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »

Fished the mid river up until lunchtime. Saw a ton of chum jumping and rolling but couldnt get them to bite on anything. Ended up with only coho. Saddened to see 3 chinook on the bank with their bellies cut open.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »

Fished the mid river up until lunchtime. Saw a ton of chum jumping and rolling but couldn't get them to bite on anything. Ended up with only coho. Saddened to see 3 chinook on the bank with their bellies cut open.
Only ended up with Coho !  ;D . sounds like a good day to me . That's a shame about the springs . I am glad the chum is shut down cause I think we would see the same thing happening to them .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »

i had a great day yesterday getting to the river at 3pm. Lots of fish of every type where I was. Lots of fish on with 2 springs landed and 2 chum.
Fish on!

FishOn36

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

i had a great day yesterday getting to the river at 3pm. Lots of fish of every type where I was. Lots of fish on with 2 springs landed and 2 chum.

All the springs i've caught lately have been dark as night...and half dead. How was your luck?  :-\

chris37

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »

for you i was out in thompson 1 mount ago or so nobody know there its barbless for salmon so look like since im in bc  i tell regulation to bc poeples im from quebec freak out|||||||||||||||

bederko

• Fish ethically, always....
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »

Killed a limit of coho in an hour tonight at dark, all on roe and all under 15 inches...
A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is only an excuse to be near rivers. - Haig-Brown

one more cast

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »

for you i was out in thompson 1 mount ago or so nobody know there its barbless for salmon so look like since im in bc  i tell regulation to bc poeples im from quebec freak out|||||||||||||||

WTF  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »

for you i was out in thompson 1 mount ago or so nobody know there its barbless for salmon so look like since im in bc  i tell regulation to bc poeples im from quebec freak out|||||||||||||||

dat der she maka non sense der fella.
  ::) ;)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »

for you i was out in thompson 1 mount ago or so nobody know there its barbless for salmon so look like since im in bc  i tell regulation to bc poeples im from quebec freak out|||||||||||||||

He was fishing the Thompson with a barbed hook and got yelled at, even more so when he said he was from Quebec. ??? ???

This is a my wild guess........... at this mouthful of a mess............TABERNAC  :o

doja

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »

He was fishing the Thompson with a barbed hook and got yelled at, even more so when he said he was from Quebec. ??? ???

This is a my wild guess........... at this mouthful of a mess............TABERNAC  :o

He said that he was fishing the thompson, and that nobody there knows (more likely cares) about the regulations of using a barb-less hooks so he was telling them the regulations and was  surprised.

It's french converted into English with out proper grammar and punctuation (its french!).... pretty simple to understand... If you just think about it. :-\ ... At least give him a break ::)

dat der she maka non sense der fella.
  ::) ;)

^^^ Made me laugh. :D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »

He said that he was fishing the thompson, and that nobody there knows (more likely cares) about the regulations of using a barb-less hooks so he was telling them the regulations and was  surprised.

It's french converted into English with out proper grammar and punctuation (its french!).... pretty simple to understand... If you just think about it. :-\ ... At least give him a break ::)

I understood it as well after breaking it down but, he could have spent more time in writing it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

I wasn't accusing him of anything, it was just what I thought he meant, nothing more. ::) Maybe have a french forum on here too, then we don't have to guess, as we're obviously not as expert as you in bi-lingual B.S ::)

azafai

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »

good that at least I know some English so I safe form lots of harassing. 
ohh...boy

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »

All the springs i've caught lately have been dark as night...and half dead. How was your luck?  :-\
  one fish I really wanted was chrome, but after pulling it out of a root ball it eventually went back in and broke me off.
Fish on!