Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 24th 2010  (Read 1068 times)

Dr. Backlash

Tidal Fraser River, October 24th 2010
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »

The weather was a little rough at times yesterday, but man was it worth getting out there for a few hours!  Managed to get another 10 - 12lb hatchery buck on an old scratched up #5 Blue Fox spinner (blue body & silver blade) about 3 hours after high tide.  Saw a few risers but they weren't taking anything, but as soon as it started pounding rain, I had a sharp tug and fish on!  It was a good fighter too - probably took at least 6 good runs and a number of jumps before I managed to tail him.  What a rush! 

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 24th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »

Thanx for the report.  I seem to have good luck fishing the Fraser with lures (jigs in my case) when the weather turns and there is a chop on the water and/or rain.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 24th 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »

Very nice. We're been too lazy to catch the morning tide so haven't had the same result obviously. Sunday I spent a couple of hours spinning in the rain just before dark without a tap. I was however ready to net a jack for someone but it came off the hook shortly after it surfaced.

This week's big morning incoming tide should be excellent, hopefully. We are getting close to the tail end of this fishery.