Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 26th 2010  (Read 1045 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Tidal Fraser River, October 26th 2010
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:43:37 PM »

Popped down to Garry Point Park for a couple of hours before dark today. Not a whole lot happening as before. It was windy like last weekend, but temperature seemed a lot lower. Water clarity is not as good as last week, but hopefully it will stay as it is otherwise spincasting will become an issue. Nothing to show except a small bull trout on a spoon right before dark.

Blackgivesway2blue

Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 26th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »

We shall call this fish, Scarface :D

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 26th 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »

Headed down to fort langly with the Fam for some bar fishing and a fire. Didn't bring any weenies for dinner so we had to keep the trip short. Unfortunately the bite came on just as we were packing up to go. Last thing to go in the truck is the rod for good reason. Landed a small jack that had basically swallowed the hook. I never keep them, but he was bleeding pretty good and had an eye bulging out. As I was cleaning him I glanced down the bank and saw a descent fish (3-4 pounds) being booted back into the water. I guess it was wild. Will try again tomorrow a little later and better prepared to stay, if the rain holds off.
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.