Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 26th 2010  (Read 1157 times)

Sinaran

Chilliwack River, October 26th 2010
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »

Arrived at the mid river with my buddy by 7am, fished a spot near Tamahi rapids with roe and wools for an hour, caught nothing but 2 fresh looking chums.  I was surprised that the water level didn't go up much even after 2 days of steady rain.  We then moved down to the lower river to a spot that has been productive in the past, and found that the water was perfect... :-*  No one in sight too!  Within 3 hours, i landed 2 wild does and a hatchery jack, lost another two jacks and a decent size trout, all on freshly cured roes.  Lots of wild fish this year compared to in the past, that's a good sign for sure.   :)

Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

deepcovehooker

Re: Chilliwack River, October 26th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »

I was out yesterday too.  Fished in three different locations.  Trying out a new Okuma SST float rod.  Hooked into a small wild Coho up near the Way Out Store and a big old chum at the Crossing Bridge.  Rod worked great.  Tried the canal on the way home but nothing much moving in that area.

FishOn36

Re: Chilliwack River, October 26th 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:25:07 PM »

That wild coho in the picture looks pretty fresh...it doesn't even have a hooked nose! (or does it?  :-\)