Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 1st 2010  (Read 3628 times)

Keener

Chilliwack River, November 1st 2010
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »

Hit the upper river earlier this morning. Well not that early since getting up was a tad difficult with the pitter patter of the rain. Got there around 9 and the river was muddy with poor vis. Manage to get a nice clean coho right off the bat. By about 2, the river had risen by quite a bit and was flowing fast. Got caught standing out on a rock with the rising water but manage to get back to shallower waters. Just a reminder to others to maintain situational awareness out there with the monsoon. I left the river about 330 with my limit of cohos. River was pretty much unfishable by the time I left. 

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, November 1st 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

So were these fish biting or were you force feeding(flossing) them you say:
"Got there around 9 and the river was muddy with poor vis. Manage to get a nice clean coho right off the bat."
Then go on to say:
"I left the river about 330 with my limit of cohos. River was pretty much unfishable by the time I left."
Sorry but the way you posted has me leading to believe that questionable ethics may have been used.

Keener

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »

I don't know how it got into their mouths. All fish caught were in the morning and close to shore. I was using roe with a short float and was fishing a pool behind a big rock 

anorden

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

Poor viz is relative though... poor viz on the fraser (2 inches?) does not mean the same thing as poor viz on the vedder (2 feet?)

Fish Slayer

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »

I too was out on the flow, managed to land 12 BRIGHT coho and kept my 4. I don't understand why so many people on here are in disbelief when you tell them you got fish in low water vis conditions. Well here is a pic from my front yard with my 4 coho, maybe some members will become believers now. Oh by the way all fish caught on bait with a leader about 10" long under a float and within 4-5' of the shoreline in about 2-3' of water depth.

FishOn36

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

Awesome to see some nice chromers around still, this rain was much needed :)

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »

I too was out on the flow, managed to land 12 BRIGHT coho and kept my 4. I don't understand why so many people on here are in disbelief when you tell them you got fish in low water vis conditions. Well here is a pic from my front yard with my 4 coho, maybe some members will become believers now. Oh by the way all fish caught on bait with a leader about 10" long under a float and within 4-5' of the shoreline in about 2-3' of water depth.

Hey buddy, I like your detailed explanation now all you need to tell me is where exacly you caught these fish with GPS coordinates and I'll be happy  ;D ;D ;D

BTW, I'd take medium to low visibility over clear water any day.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »

i too was on the flow and managed to catch my limit...water was rising and colouring, but a big push of fresh ho's darted up the river...you'd be surprised the type of back water you can find when the river rises quickly...frog water has a tendency to hold fish and retain satisfactory visibility... roe sacks and blades where my ticket.

i love the rain and the solitude it creates  ;D

Fish Slayer

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »

Sorry adriaticum no GPS coordinates, however it was rock # 187,674  :D

blaydRnr there were no pansy fair weather fishermen out today for sure, just the true diehards lol.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »

Just because of poor visibiility does not mean you can't catch fish legally.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:38 AM »

take me fishing! show me your ways oh wise one!!!!

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »

Sorry adriaticum no GPS coordinates, however it was rock # 187,674  :D

blaydRnr there were no pansy fair weather fishermen out today for sure, just the true diehards lol.

Hey Fish Slayer, I saw you on the river, I was on rock #187,675 below you.   Come guys its fishing 101 when the river is high and dirty fish travel closer to shore. Besides we don''t give fish the credit they deserve when it comes to their sight,smell, and motion detection. Just because we humans can't see an inch past our noses in coloured water doesn't mean they can't.
The water is their backyard, they can see,smell,and feel everything no matter what the water conditions are. ;D
It ain't the roe bro'

Kenwee

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:16:01 AM »

Where were give us more specifics, thank you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »

Nice fish, I have not caught that many coho in a river in the last two years. :o

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »

Where were give us more specifics, thank you.

They were in the Chilliwack River, November 1st 2010.

You're welcome.

:-X